Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Gentlemen, this is now important. Everybody in Europe knows that I am one of the few guys who after thinking deeply do indeed usually find the truth. I did a thorough research about the origin of the recent huge fire in California and here comes what I found: a space-based big Laser which has been financed by a family of Jewish bankers caused the blaze. There we are, did you know that? I fully stand to what I found out because the source is of sacrosanct quality: a woman whose name is Marjorie Taylor Greene, rising star of the republican Party and recently endorsed by Donald himself. I think that this woman in a joint effort with Ted Cruz, a man full of empathy for his freezing Texan fellow citizen will make America great again. One big great madhouse, probably.

Biden told Europe 'America is back', Europe looked on skeptically because America is back for the next 4 years but we could easily go back to a fascist/authoritarian state that were from from 2016 to 2020. 

America is no longer trusted by its allies (thanks Donald). They are now ceding to China. From what I have read Europe isn't as gung ho to fight China (economically, politically) as America wants. Can't blame them. Neither country can be trusted. But China can't be trusted at all. Not saying they should side with America who has not been a good ally the last 4 years but the choice doesn't have to be America or China. 

The current Republican strategy is "look at these big Dem cities: LA, NYC, Chicago", See, Dems are bad. Mississippi, Alabama, and several other CONSERVATIVE states in the south and midwest have been broke for CENTURIES. There have been poor in West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Lousiana, Oklahoma, etc. literally for hundreds of years. Tennesee, Kentucky and West Virginia specifically have had people who have NEVER seen middle class. Generational poverty going back to the 1700s  And decades of Republican control has done jack schitt to reverse it. 

Economies change. One of the BIG reasons why Chicago, Detroit, NY, Phiilly have regressed is in large part to Republicans helping to send the industrial base overseas. The Dems are as culpable and in some ways worse because its their own constituents. The Republicans have also killed unions. Unions built the big northern cities. If you go to Chicago, Philadelphia, NY, you will see miles and miles of terraced housing. These were built on union wages. These union wages was the primary reason the European poor were able to leave absolute poverty. 

Republicans don't tell you that. Both parties are culpable but the narrative that the Dems fucked up the cities is blatantly untrue. 

Finally, parts of the south are doing well BECAUSE of the influx of skilled people from Democratic areas. They couldn't do it on their own. Atlanta for example has had a huge influx of educated, skilled workforce from the north. Which is in large party why Georgia flipped. Georgia has vast areas of poor rural areas still. The state has been doing well because of skilled LIBERALS from outside the south and to a lesser extent...wait for it....IMMIGRANTS. Atlanta has a thriving latino sector which was virtually non existent a generation ago. 

Both parties have fucked America. Dems claiming its the Republicans fault are just as wrong. 

...and as usual, I'll be fair. With a possible few exceptions I don't expect Biden to be transformative. He may enact a few policies that are a big change: student loan reform, minimum wage increase, or whatever but he'll do so reluctantly. He'll reward a few niches that he feels are important to the party: LBGTQ, Asians. They are one of the fastest growing groups and by and large have not participated in the political process and the Dems would see them as a big coup to get them out in numbers. 

Women will get some things as well. Dems see women, specifically suburban women as a needed voting bloc. You won't see Medicare for all. I don't think the minimum wage increase to 15 dollars an hour will get passed. 

Speaking of which, I disagree on a blanket across the board $15/hour. My main reason (among a few) is that America is a very, very big country with very diverse regions and very diverse economies, cost and standards of living. 

$15 dollars an hour is probably needed in NY and LA with their cost of living. However, that same amount in Pine Bluff, Arkansas is damn upper working class, bordering on lower middle class. Vastly different rents, costs of living. My proposal? Make the minimum wage county by county if not state by state. Or use some sort of formula that takes into account the cost of living, rental prices for a standard 2 bedroom apartment and average home cost, etc. Some states have a high state tax, some don't.  All this has to be taken into consideration. I would also exclude HS age workers from it. And provide an incentive to pay that to workers 25 and above. A 30 year old single mom is in much more need of a $15 minimum wage job than a HS kid in the same job looking to buy his first car or have money for dates. 

Maybe its me, but it seems insane to have a 1 size fits all minimum wage for a country as vast and diverse and big as America. The minimum wage argument is being made with the working Adult poor, over college age, in mind. So, work on a way to make sure that's who will get it. 

Sorry to hurt Cav´s feelings again but :

"Supreme Court allows release of Trump tax returns to NY prosecutor"

Vaguely I remember to have speculated on this fine board that even Trump-assigned judges might feel responsibility towards the state of USA and decide in favour of  the rule of law instead of simply showing loyalty .

There is hope .

5 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

"Supreme Court allows release of Trump tax returns to NY prosecutor"

This is the order released by the court:

TRUMP, DONALD J. V. VANCE, CYRUS R., ET AL.

The application for a stay presented to Justice Breyer and referred to the Court is denied.

supreme-court-order-list-february-22-202

USA passes 500,000 Covid deaths.

so Cav, are you and your moron mates happy now?

If you and your mates had bothered to inject a little reality in your lives and taken this seriously, instead of bolstering the orange shite, there'd be less dead.

?m=02&d=20210222&t=2&i=1552475321&w=780&

1 hour ago, Coss said:

USA passes 500,000 Covid deaths.

so Cav, are you and your moron mates happy now?

If you and your mates had bothered to inject a little reality in your lives and taken this seriously, instead of bolstering the orange shite, there'd be less dead.

Coss,

Per 1 Million Population USA is 1,513 Deaths whereas UK is 1,800 which is approx ratio of 0.8 USA v UK

In the USA death rate per confirmed cases is 496,781/28,000,000 or 0.177% whereas UK is 120,350/4,104,000 0.293% or approx ratio f 0.58 USA v UK 

Statistics make clearer reading if the data is not Cherry Picked

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/