Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

10 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

To comment the Too Expensive I would have to gain more knowledge before I start any drivel. Although the "Too" expensive already means taking a point of view, others may say anything avoiding pollution can not be too expensive per se. I do not share this opinion.

I certainly disagree with the Don´t Work. No question they don´t if there is no wind. Like there is no boomboom at HoneyBee Massage if no staff present.  But in the long run the windmills do their job, more and more are under construction and within a few years there should be appropriate batteries available. In the end they produce electricity which means they work.

Work / Don’t  Work, I quantified that comment by adding “efficiently”, I never said useless (haha let’s not go there again)but questioned the efficiency.

As for Batteries, I don’t think that you, or the majority of people outside the Powergen Industry, realise just how large said batteries would have to be,

This is the proposed Tesla 1GW/h power pack, looking at the dimensions it would require a footprint of approx 5 Hectares to back up 1GW for 1 hour. So that is 120 Hectares for 24 hours back up and 1200 Hectares for ten days no wind, which can happen per annum in the UK as shown is screenshot posted previously.

By contrast, a Power Plant of similar capacity has a footprint of 385 Hectares.

So in order to have back up for “worst case scenario” lack of wind would require 3 times the land for Batteries.

But it is not 1GW/h it is 15 in the UK at present, and in order to achieve “Net Zero” would require another 15 making a total of 90 Power Plants of space for Battery backup even though only 30 have been demolished.That is over 100 square kilometers of land for battery back up.

Then there is cost, a Megapack costs $1 Million, 440 are requires for 1GW/h so $440 Million for 1 hour back up which is $10.65 Billion for 24 hours, You  could build 7 equivalent sized Thermal Power Plants or 1,5 Nuclear Power Plants for that, and have a few Million in Change. The costs are eye watering.

But the batteries require replacing every 10 years so for 25 years, the life of a Power Plant, the equivalent cost is $26.6 Billion, no wonder the Green Levies are so astronomically high.

Now consider how ICE vehicles are being phased out and replaced by EV’s, in the place I have data for) Grid Load will increase an additional 15GW, so 15 Current plus 15 replace Thermal Power plus 15 additional load is a total of 45GW. 45* $10.65 (cost of batteries for 24 hour back up) is $480 Billion, but no wind for 10 days $4800 Billion, replace the batteries every 10 years comes to an eye popping $12,000 Billion on batteries alone to stop a black out 

The of course there is the environmental impact, Lithium-Ion batteries contain Cobalt, the mining of which comes at major environmental and personal costs but the NIMBY’s (Not In My Back Yard) do t care, it is happening in DR Congo so they don’t care.

I know I sound deranged and should be wearing a tin foil hat,  but all the data is out there, feel free to break down and question my figures for yourself. As I stated, not arguing but having a reasoned debate.

Anybody who buys into this “Green” fallacy has been sold a pup (IMHO)

I'd like to take this opportunity, to present Mr Donald J Trump, the most prestigious award he's ever received, the "Donald".

For the most ridiculous, the biggest, the most un-imaginative lie, a POTUS has ever come up with.

No, not the election stuff, this:

“This Court is presented with an argument that is perhaps as unprecedented as it is outlandish: the former President of this country denying that he lived in and had minimum contacts with the country’s capital and the White House during his time as President,” Judge Emmet G Sullivan of the US District Court for the District of Columbia wrote in his ruling.

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-says-trump-t-outlandish-235056367.html

Congratulations Donald.

Truscar.jpg.2627ae39fc66ed69f01664bc4c270377.jpg

satire, of course
I'm probably going to hell for this one:
The fourth-grade teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living.
All the typical answers came up - fireman, mechanic, businessman,
salesman.... and so forth..
However, little Justin was being uncharacteristically quiet, so when the
teacher prodded him about his father, he replied, "My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes to music in front of other men and they put money in his underwear. Sometimes, if the offer is really good, he will go home with some guy and stay with him all night for money."
The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some exercises and took little Justin aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"
"No," the boy said, "He works for the Democratic National Committee and helped to get Obama elected, now he's working for Biden, but it's too embarrassing to say that in front of the other kids so I made up this story instead."

• Haha 1