Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Under Section 30 of the Labor Protection Act (LPA), an employee who has worked continuously for one full year shall be entitled to annual leave of not less than six working days. The term "annual leave" refers only to personal vacation.

Public Holidays are 18 for Public Sector and 13 for private sector.

The United States is the only so called “First World Nation” which does not have mandatory PTO, either Public or Personal, the only other counties being Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru and Palau.

It stands out like a sore thumb.

Micronesia I can speak with some authority, I've worked directly with the government departments for setting up business there,

Just passed 90 days paid maternity which is amazing, 

But they have very few paid leave other than that - but no one cares too much when you take time off

Tax is very low, 10% at most, 

I have planned to live there for a very long time, 

Loved working there

5 hours ago, Coss said:

Trump CFO Weisselberg gets 5 months in jail.

As part of his co-operation deal, what did he provide authorities, to get such a small sentence?

He got a deal for agreeing to plead guilty to a number of felonies.  But the Judge later said he made a mistake in agreeing to such a small sentence in the plea deal.

Not sure of USA, but I believe sentence reduction can be up to 66.66% for plea bargain.

In the UK the maximum reduction is 25% for an early plea dropping to 10% for a late plea, Australia is up to 25% and NZ is up to 33%.

The credit given for a guilty plea in the USA seems out of synch with the rest of the civilised world

• 2 weeks later...