Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Maybe this should be in the Board Bar but I thought, why start another thread. Bullying in schools is seen as normal. I got bullied once. Wasn't too bad really, no physcial altercation. We became friends after. He is my FB friend, found me a few years ago through mutual friends and I brought it up on one of our trips down memory lane. He didn't recall it at all but admitted that he was a little 'over aggressive' with a lot of guys back then. Its something that stays with you forever.

I always said if I had a son I'd have him learn TaeKwonDo or some form of martial arts. The few kids I knew that had some sort of training (in my area it was boxing), were never bullies and used it as a last resort. They were taught it was not to be used unless no other choice and I like that.

Anyway, I like this program.

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201108/real-it-gets-victims-schoolyard-bullying-can-fight-back-help-ufc-royalty

As Real As It Gets: Bullying Victims Can Fight Back With Help From Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Royalty

It's back-to-school time all over the country. For kids that get picked on, it's a return to a horror zone. Experts say that more than 150,000 children miss school every day because they are afraid of being bullied. More than half of all schoolchildren have witnessed a bullying incident and three of every four students say bullying is a problem at their school.

The bulk of bullying occurs from the fourth through the eighth grades, although it can continue through high school and even in the workplace. Bullying is intimidation or domination toward someone perceived as weaker, a way to establish superiority through coercion or force. The emotional scars are often worse than the physical beatings, and victims of bullying often become depressed and do poorly in school. Bullying can even lead to suicide.

Rener taught Martin the three T-steps: TALK to the bully and ask him to leave you alone. TELL the teacher and your parent that the bully won't stop even after you've talked to him. TACKLE the bully and use jiu-jitsu to gain control of him without resorting to punches or kicks.

"If you draw that line with your words and the bully respects it, the case is closed without a physical altercation," Rener told Martin. "But if you draw that line and they slap you, kick you, cross that line again, you don't think twice. You take both of your hands and push him as hard as you can in the chest. You blast him. Knock him off his feet.

"Then take control using jiu-jitsu and tell him you will let him go if he promises not to bother you any longer. If he won't say it, wait until a teacher or another adult shows up before letting him up."

'I love her very much': Photographs found in Gaddafi lair of Condoleezza Rice

A bizarre photograph album filled page to page with pictures of Condoleezza Rice has been found at the compound of Colonel Gaddafi.

As citizens ransacked the sprawling lair, for the first time discovering the extent of riches enjoyed by their bloodthirsty tyrant, a number of unusual items have been looted.

Perhaps the most surprising, however, was the album, filled with glossy pictures of America's former Secretary of State.

Colonel Gaddafi had previously hinted at a serious admiration for Ms Rice.

In an interview with Al-Jazeera television in 2007, where he hinted that then-President George W. Bush's top diplomat wielded considerable influence in the Arab world.

'I support my darling black African woman,' he said at the time. 'I admire and am very proud of the way she leans back and gives orders to the Arab leaders. ... Leezza, Leezza, Leezza. ... I love her very much. I admire her, and I'm proud of her, because she's a black woman of African origin.'

The following year, Gaddafi and Rice had an opportunity to meet when the secretary of state paid a historic visit to Libya - one that made steps toward normalising relations after the United States went decades without an ambassador in Tripoli.

She said during the trip that the U.S. 'doesn't have any permanent enemies.'

Gaddafi welcomed Rice in his home - one that President Ronald Reagan once ordered bombed in retaliation for Libya's attack on a German disco - for the traditional meal that ends the daylight fast during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

Once again, he repeatedly addressed Rice - known as 'Condi' to her friends - as 'Leezza'.

During the visit, he presented Rice with a diamond ring, a lute, a locket with an engraved likeness of himself inside and an inscribed edition of The Green Book, a personal political manifesto that explains his 'Third Universal Theory for a new democratic society'.

Together, the haul was worth $212,000.

Three years later, at Gaddafi's compound today, Libyan rebels found the photo book.

Rebels leafed through the album yesterday after finding it as they rummaged through Gadhafi's Bab al-Aziziya compound.

Rice did not immediately respond to requests for comment about the discovery of the photos. In Washington, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland was also asked about the album.

'I don't need to see the photos,' she said. 'But bizarre and creepy are good adjectives to describe much of Gadhafi's behavior. So (it) doesn't surprise me. It's deeply bizarre and deeply creepy, though, if it is as you described.'

Photographer Sergey Ponomarev was with the rebels as they looked through the album.

'There were lots of rebels celebrating their victory,' Mr Ponomarev said. 'It was still unsafe - loyalists were shelling the compound from time to time - but rebels were celebrating the seizure of the Gadhafi compound. They believe the victory is in their hands. Some of them even brought their children to the scene.'

Dairy Meow

Haha..he is with the current trends and tryna get him some 'chocolate'....lol. I had a slight thing for her as well. Doable back in the day. Republicans have the hottest chicks though. There was a post or two about the hot pundits, like that Asian chick. Give me a couple days with her and I'll have her spending like a liberal. :hubbahubba:

Haha..he is with the current trends and tryna get him some 'chocolate'....lol. I had a slight thing for her as well. Doable back in the day. Republicans have the hottest chicks though. There was a post or two about the hot pundits, like that Asian chick. Give me a couple days with her and I'll have her spending like a liberal. :hubbahubba:

I think that "Asian chick" is probably Michele Malkin. :drool:

Saw Maxine Waters at the Demoncrap National Convention in Miami in 1972. She wasn't bad looking then. Would compare her favorably with Condi in their respective primes. But, then, again, Maxine didn't have her big mouth overloading her ass in those days. 5555555555555555

HH

I have an uncle in LA who is Republican and hates her guts. He's convinced she got her lips from sucking dicks. He's the one I wrote about in another thread that was my family's version of Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino.

Anyway, that's the chick. She's hot. There's a book out named 'Bought and Paid For' about how Wall Street and Obama are married to each other. Its already known. Funny thing is though I always said he was a moderate and in an interview when the author asked all the Wall Street guys why they all graviated to him in the primaries they said it wasn't betting on a winner but they saw a 'moderate' guy who was smart and thought they could do business with. They didn't buy the Rev Wright, weather underground stuff. I didn't either. He's far more centrist than I thought he would be. Anyway, I'm very disappointed he's been bought by Wall Street. However, my question is would Romney (who I think will get the nomination) be any different? Traditionally the Republican party are in bed with Wall Street. Why won't they be even cozier? Its a quandry for me and I can easily see myself going 3rd party.

I have Fox News in my room (haven't watched it ages) and they were uproar that the NY mayor has kept religious folks out of the memorial. He's been consistent on it in past years. No religious leaders, etc. I don't find that such a bad idea. It will invite more trouble than its worth, as you'll have the awkwardness of some imam there as well. If the religious community want to have their own thingy afterwards or before go on ahead. What I didn't like was the arguments for. I am a Christian. I'm saved. (quit laughing, I am.). I don't like pols doing this 'we're a judeo-christian nation so..blah..blah..blah'. We're that way by happenstance NOT by design. We could eventually become a predominantly Catholic nation if the numbers play out over time. Now, I don't go as far as trying to remove all reminders of religion when there is a historical significance. For instance atheists trying to remove the cross from the LA city emblem/flag. The city was founded by missionaries and the cross just reflects that. Same with 'In God We Trust' from the money. No one gives a sh*t so why change something that no one even gives a thought to.

Unfortunately we have been forced into a position where our society as we know it cannot survive unless we do business with the Muslim world.

If we pay them billions of dollars every year do we have a right to tell them not to treat women like animals and boil political opponents alive?

If you were doing good business with a man and discovered he sodomised children would you take steps to correct his behaviour and risk your income or shrug it off as none of your business?

That's strange view. No company is being forced to do business with Muslim countries. In contrary, since the old in regime in Libya fell a few days ago representatives from (oil) companies from around the world are racing to Libya in order to secure a piece of the oil market. Being forced to do business looks very different.

That's strange view. No company is being forced to do business with Muslim countries. In contrary, since the old in regime in Libya fell a few days ago representatives from (oil) companies from around the world are racing to Libya in order to secure a piece of the oil market. Being forced to do business looks very different.

OK... we're not forced to buy gasoline?

Just torch the car?

Hang on while I buy a gallon of gas... B)

It would solve so many problems if we weren't as based on oil as we are. One of major beefs with the Republicans is that they want us to be even more entrenched in oil by drilling in the gulf and getting more domestic oil. They give lip service to alternate energy sources or programs to reduce dependency. We all know why.

I've written a few times that the G8 should mobolize and agree to convert their cars to hybrids and/or electric in a time table. I recommend a carrot, an economic incentive and this would bolster all the nations car companies if they only buy their government cars from domestic car makers and cars solely made in their country.

The big lie that the government doesn't mention to the people is that America is a major oil producer. We make produce enough I think to be qualify as an OPEC country. Not sure but I heard that once.