Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

It would solve so many problems if we weren't as based on oil as we are. One of major beefs with the Republicans is that they want us to be even more entrenched in oil by drilling in the gulf and getting more domestic oil. They give lip service to alternate energy sources or programs to reduce dependency. We all know why.

I've written a few times that the G8 should mobolize and agree to convert their cars to hybrids and/or electric in a time table. I recommend a carrot, an economic incentive and this would bolster all the nations car companies if they only buy their government cars from domestic car makers and cars solely made in their country.

The big lie that the government doesn't mention to the people is that America is a major oil producer. We make produce enough I think to be qualify as an OPEC country. Not sure but I heard that once.

For some reason Republicans are dead set on getting oil from off shore drilling but we get very little oil from off shore wells.

Now if we went back to 1972 oil production, we would be almost self sufficent but nobody wants to talk about that.

Just getting into the election year mode...

Did you notice who Obama threatened when he wasn't getting his way on raising the debt ceiling?

He threatened to not pay: Social Security Retirees, Military Retirees, Social Security disability and Federal Retirees.

He did not threaten to stop payments to illegal aliens

He did not threatened to take frivolous benefits such as Internet access away from violent inmates

He did not offer to fire some of the thousands of unnecessary federal employees that he hired

He did not offer to cut down on his or his wife's frivolous gallivanting around

He did not threaten to not pay the senators and representatives or any of their staff

He did not threaten to take benefits away from welfare recipients

He did not threaten the food stamp programs

He did not threaten to not pay foreign aid

He did not threaten to cut back on anything that involves his base voters

The list could go on and on.

He is in full political re-election mode!

Why are we allowing this person to destroy this wonderful country with his selfishness and his lies?

His type of change is killing our country.

He needs to be stopped and only our votes can stop him.

Do not forget about his tactics when it's election time.

Vote Obama out of the Presidency in 2012.

2012 - THE END OF AN ERROR

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

-- Benjamin Franklin

I don't think there was ever a time I was so disinterested in a national election. I assume the Congress will pick up more Republican seats. So, if Obama wins, nothing of consequence will get done. If the Dems get a majority I don't think much will get done. Obama doesn't seem to focus on the right issues at the right time unless he's forced to by circumstancs.

If the Republicans win, I don't expect an improvment at all. Possibly (my guess probably) worse off. Since the last election I've lost complete faith in the party.

The parties are only about power. 1996. Economy on fire. No real case against Clinton. So, work the moral angle. Its all BS. Dems tried to find anything in '84 as well when the economy picked up under Reagan.

I saw a news program on Cheney. The guy has almost a Nazi like belief that his Bush years were great for America. No Republican would ever say that publicly and I'd be shocked if they did privately. Gotta give him credit for believing it though, I have to respect someone who at least thinks they did right even if I thought they were wrong.

Obama has squandered his goodwill. No matter what the plan is it will get trashed. He could come out with a plan that mirrors the conservative ideology and it will get criticized. I don't think he really knows what to do as well. Granted, its such a huge mess we are in, a Nobel economist couldn't fix it.

As for Romney, he has no clue how to fix the mess. He's saying these broad platitudes with no specifics. He'll throw something against the wall as well as hope it sticks.

Fact is companies are sitting on cash and not investing because of an uncertain near and distant future. Cutting their taxes, allowing them to write off more things WON'T change that. It will just give them a bigger cash hoard and profits. Oh, they'll tell you they are hampered by regs, taxes because its a easy sell right now, but its all BS. I'm not anti corporations. I just don't think you ca believe the BS. Apple became one of the biggest companies during one of the worse economic times. Why? They had a product that they had faith in that would sell and it did. They didn't need less regs, lower taxes or write offs. They needed a good product. Hollywood are still putting out more and more high budget movies. Why? People will still go see a worthwhile movie. Same with record companies with new artists. Good music always gets bought and people will always find the money to see their fave groups/singers in concerts.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you 100%. When I was a kid, I once asked my father was US politicians were so bad. He replied that if you go into politics, your name is going to be dragged through the mud, and so is your entire family. Politics is such a dirty business that most decent people will not go into it. Thus we get the ones we do. Just coincidentally, most of them are lawyers who look for loopholes to benefit themselves.

Notice how the turds sort of float to the top in politics? (In a cynical mood as usual.)

p.s. My own Congressman at home now is absolutely horrible. I could tell stories about him. Those who really knew about him were horrified when he won the nomination from a decent and likeable MD who had committed the error of changing in office from a Blue Dog Dem to a Republican. The Republican loyalists wouldn't have him and instead picked a clown in the primary whom they'd rejected several times before. :p

OK... we're not forced to buy gasoline?

Just torch the car?

Hang on while I buy a gallon of gas... B)

You can by oil from Hugo Chavez. hubbahubba.gif

Anyway, what I wanted to say is, that business men don't give a shit which religion his business partner has or if his home country respects human rights.

Just have look at Germany. The country is a second strongest export nation (until recently it was the most strongest). How do you think this happened? Because German companies deal with every nation and company in the world (and selling German weapons to anybody who is able to pay).

Powell Not Sold on Obama in ‘12

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, who famously crossed party lines to vote for President Obama in 2008, said today that he’s not necessarily supporting the president for reelection in 2012.

“I haven’t decided who I’m going to vote for,†Powell said on CBS’ “Face the Nation.†“Just as was the case in 2008, I am going to watch the campaign unfold. In the course of my life I have voted for Democrats, I have voted for Republicans, I have changed from one four-year cycle to another.

“I’ve always felt it my responsibility as a citizen to take a look at the issues, examine the candidates, and pick the person that I think is best qualified for the office of the president in that year. And not just solely on the basis of party affiliation,†he said.

Asked about the Republican field, Powell said there are some “interesting candidates,†but no one who has “emerged into the leading position.â€

“So let’s see if anybody else is going to join, and we’ve got a long way to go,†he added.

Powell, the nation’s first African-American secretary of state, praised Obama’s leadership style in 2008 in endorsing him, saying shortly before the election that Obama “has a definite way of doing business that will serve us well.†He also said at the time that he didn’t think the GOP vice-presidential candidate, Sarah Palin, was “ready†to be president.

In his interview today, Powell also had a strong reaction to former Vice President Dick Cheney’s new memoir. He said Cheney took “cheap shots†in his book and seemed to be chasing “tabloid†headlines by saying his book would make “heads explode†in Washington.

“I haven’t heard anything that explosive,†Powell said.

ABC