Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

This doesn't matter at all. Like Obama before, they just need a good narrative. For foreign eyes the US people seem to be extremely naive and gullible. Just sell the narrative they want to hear (preferably a mix of religion, US patriotism and capitalist ideology) and they will trust you, even though you might be as able to run a country as a loaf of bread. Just have a look at GWB. He almost single handed ruined the country, lost (two wars) and destroyed the US world leadership...

:wanker:

HH

Since they have long been Democrats anyway, does it really matter? They will vote as they usually do.

With black voters is not that they won't vote for Obama (or any Democrat) they will. The wild card is the turn out. Turnout was extremely high for Obama. Many new voters and even more registering. The question is black (and latino) turn out in key states: Penna., Ohio, Michigan,

Its not just the general election but I suspect the Republicans will pick up more seats no matter who wins. I looked at Romney's economic plan and don't see anything note but a broad general ideas. No specfics. I suspect he doesn't want to put himself out there. It may come to a point where all he has to do is show up and not do anything stupid to win, if Obama keeps going down in popularity or some event happens that drives his popularity down.

Obama's proposed Sept. 1st economic plan is yet to come. No matter what a given is that it will be criticized. I can't see how Obama can get anything of significance passed between now and the election. No way the Republicans will approve anything. They've learn that they can dig in their heels and it will work. Dems have criticized Obama for giving up too much and not getting much compromise back from the other side in any deals. Obama still has Wall Street and they may help him in some ways. I've read he's quietly building a war chest that could approach a billion. Unprecedented and scary.

Its all a mess right now.

Can you say, "fuckin' wankers!!!"

Are members of Congress paid enough?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/members-congress-paid-enough-165641960.html

Everyone complains about their job now and then, and members of Congress are no exception.

A few lawmakers have suggested in recent months that despite a $174,000 annual salary, generous health care and pensions, and perks for things like travel and mail, being one of the elite 435 ain't always what it's cracked up to be. And when you calculate the hours they put in, the pay isn't stellar either, they say...

One of the political common taters earlier this year said all the Republicans need is a fairly decent candidate who doesn't do anything stupid and doesn't side with the Tea Baggers and the evangelicals. Just do a "Chance the Gardener" and he's in. But that is asking a lot of a politician. :p

One of the political common taters earlier this year said all the Republicans need is a fairly decent candidate who doesn't do anything stupid and doesn't side with the Tea Baggers and the evangelicals. Just do a "Chance the Gardener" and he's in. But that is asking a lot of a politician. :p

I read that Joe the Plumber may throw his wrench in the ring. Would be better than who's in the WH currently.

HH

9/11 Truth Message Gets Out as Indianapolis Towers Implode

During the planned demolition of the Keystone Towers – a building erected in 1974 that was imploded this week – the man climbed up on a stage near the site and bellowed as the towers crumbled: “9/11 is right in front of you! 9/11 was an inside job!â€

The comments are clearly heard at one minute, 59 seconds into the video aired over News 8 in Indianapolis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ijyJCcNIo

9/11 Truth Message Gets Out as Indianapolis Towers Implode

During the planned demolition of the Keystone Towers – a building erected in 1974 that was imploded this week – the man climbed up on a stage near the site and bellowed as the towers crumbled: “9/11 is right in front of you! 9/11 was an inside job!â€

The comments are clearly heard at one minute, 59 seconds into the video aired over News 8 in Indianapolis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ijyJCcNIo

The first version of the 9/11 Commission's report on what happened that day claimed the first person killed on an airplane was done using a handgun. The final version claimed it was a knife.

The first version even quoted news articles dealing with the gun. The final version omitted the news articles.

To me, the report was sanatized.