Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Just shows that it both parties are full of shite. The difference now is that the problems are at home. The voters can ignore foreign events, but not when it starts to hit them in the wallet.

I remember old folks when I was a kid who would go on and on about how Hoover had caused the Great Depression and was a disaster as president. However, Hoover had only been in office about six months when the stock market crashed. Likewise, Obie has to take the blame for the current mess, though in his case it's for not getting the country out of it.

My guess for those in the '20s it was the policies of the president and his party leading up to the crash and depression that angered them. Republicans had been in power throughout the 20s.

Anyway, national polls for Obama mean nada. California will go Democrat, Texas will go Republican. Thats how its going down. How he does in the key states against his opponents is what will decide the election. As I stated in a prior post. He'll lose Florida so for Obama, Ohio is vital. Second is will the Republicans field a candidate that captures the middle?

Well hell, lets not discount Neil Bush, another prodigy from that great dynasty....

Link

The Relatively Charmed Life Of Neil Bush

Despite Silverado and Voodoo, Fortune Still Smiles on the President's Brother

By Peter Carlson

Washington Post Staff Writer

Ah, it's nice to be Neil Bush.

When you're Neil Bush, rich people from all over the world are eager to invest money in your businesses, even though your businesses have a history of crashing and burning in spectacular fashion.

When you're Neil Bush, you'll be sitting in a hotel room in Thailand or Hong Kong, minding your own business, when suddenly there's a knock at the door. You answer it and a comely woman strolls in and has sex with you.

Life sure is fun when you're Neil Bush, son of one president, brother of another.

Just how much fun was revealed in a deposition taken last March, during Bush's very nasty divorce battle. Asked by his wife's attorney whether he'd had any extramarital affairs, Bush told the story of his Asian hotel room escapades.

"Mr. Bush," said the attorney, Marshall Davis Brown, "you have to admit that it's a pretty remarkable thing for a man just to go to a hotel room door and open it and have a woman standing there and have sex with her."

"It was very unusual," Bush replied.

Actually, it wasn't that unusual. It happened at least three or four times during Bush's business trips to Asia, he said: "I don't remember the exact number."

"Were they prostitutes?" asked Brown.

"I don't -- I don't know," Neil replied.

"Did you pay them?"

"No."

Not surprisingly, the revelation made headlines around the world. Equally unsurprisingly, the sex story overshadowed the curious financial revelations that came out in the same deposition.

In 2002, for instance, Bush signed a consulting contract with Grace Semiconductor -- a Shanghai-based company managed in part by the son of former Chinese president Jiang Zemin. Bush's contractual duties consist solely of attending board meetings and discussing "business strategies." For this, he is to be paid $2 million in company stock over five years, plus $10,000 for every board meeting he attends.

"Now, you have absolutely no educational background in semiconductors, do you Mr. Bush?" Brown asked.

"That's correct," Bush responded.

Meanwhile, back home in Texas, Bush serves as co-chairman of a company called Crest Investment. Crest, he revealed in the deposition, pays him $60,000 a year to provide "miscellaneous consulting services."

"Such as?" Brown asked.

"Such as answering phone calls when Jamal Daniel, the other co-chairman, called and asked for advice," Bush replied.

Ah, it's nice to be Neil Bush, who seems to be living the lifestyle immortalized in those famous Dire Straits lyrics: "Money for nothin' and chicks for free."

I take no sides in American pollyticks

I just saw a Dateline piece on Michelle Bachmann

What a nutter, or is she deliberately playing to the bottom end of the IQ bell curve?

Rhetorical question, I don't wanna know...

I am not as angry over Neil Bush. Siblings and friends of the rich and powerful have been living on their coattails for eons. As long as their powerful siblings in office have nothing to do with it, its their own business. I'm sure there is a Kennedy somewhere living off that family's name.

Interestingly enough, I have a very high opinino of Jeb Bush. I think he's the best of the lot and would make a decent candidate. Please only throw fresh veggies at me for saying that.

Michelle Bachman won't see the night of day as President or even close. She's too extreme for one. Second, I don't think she has the intellecual capacity or world experience to do the job.

I'm not excited about any of the leading candidates who may win the next election.