Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I'm not excited about any of the leading candidates who may win the next election.

Stevo...I don't see how you could be excited over Barry getting a second term. A 3-day-old pile of average dog shit should be able to beat Barry. I thought it was "rich" when Obama was campaigning to a joint session of Congress yesterday when he was trying to rally for U.S. jobs. Never once did he mention China. I wonder why? The CEO of GE (who is also the head of Obama's jobs panel) was sitting in the First Lady's box in the gallery as her guest. In case you didn't know, GE has recently shipped thousands of jobs to China and GE paid NO federal taxes last year. Does it not seem more probable every week that we have a "Manchurian President"? (All of above, except for the dog shit remark, has been reported on the internet, but try to find the connection in the Washington Post or NYT of any other mainstream rag.

HH

HH, it also includes Obama. I'm disappointed in him as well. This is gonna be one of those lesser of two evils election that I saw in '00. Paul is the only one of the field in both parties that gets me a woody. Huntsman isn't bad. Romney has no passion and will just follow the advisors and the polls. Santorum, Perry and Bachmann or downright scary. Social conservatives scare me. I don't know enough about Pawlenty to say for sure.

There are a lot of Americans over here now looking for jobs teaching English for 30 to 35 thousand baht. I see them all the time. They have a degree in some subject (not English) and get themselves an EFL certificate. That tells you times are hard.

That may be more about the social life than the economy. Korea, Japan, Taiwan and even China has a number of jobs that pays more than Thailand. If you really want to make as much money as possible teaching english, the middle east trumps them all.

Stevo...I don't see how you could be excited over Barry getting a second term. A 3-day-old pile of average dog shit should be able to beat Barry. I thought it was "rich" when Obama was campaigning to a joint session of Congress yesterday when he was trying to rally for U.S. jobs. Never once did he mention China. I wonder why? The CEO of GE (who is also the head of Obama's jobs panel) was sitting in the First Lady's box in the gallery as her guest. In case you didn't know, GE has recently shipped thousands of jobs to China and GE paid NO federal taxes last year. Does it not seem more probable every week that we have a [color:red]"Manchurian President"? [/color] (All of above, except for the dog shit remark, has been reported on the internet, but try to find the connection in the Washington Post or NYT of any other mainstream rag.

HH

When GWB was the "Manchurian President" you never complained?