Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Not disputing the legitimacy of the claim the Congress shouldn't constitutionally be able to force people to buy insurance but what worries me is the demonizing of any kind of national health care program. My view is its a crisis. I can't see any other way to put it. The Dems are the only ones willing to at least tackle the issue and what I don't like aobut the Republicans is their unwillingness to. I know why. Its the big money coming from big Pharma, the AMA, and the money from the health care industry that was poured into the anti Obamacare commercials was telling. You can almost bet that that just about anything that the health care industry as a collective is against or for is ultimately bad for the average American. Can't blame them. They are acting in their own best interest. I would were I in there shoes. However its up to the elected officials to act in ours.

Its no surprise to me that Rev Al was against Obama from the start. He made a statement very early on saying Obama had to prove himself and that he couldn't just take the Black vote for granted. Then there was Jesse Jackson's hot mic moment about wanting to cut Obama's nuts off for his speaking 'down' to Black folks at the churches he visited.

Obama was not liked by Rev Al and Jesse for the right reasons. He was someone who was not going to play the race card. He was someone who did not need them. He was someone wouldn't play the victim card. The press never reported but back in '08 when Obama visited Black churches he would constantly tell them they need to start educating themselves and was on a self improvement message. I've said this several times in previous posts but Obama was not liked by the Black power elite in Congress and in state houses around the country. The black masses loved him but the Black pols had to come along kicking and screaming. They held out for Hillary as long as they could and Obama had the very rare honor of not being endorsed initially by the Congressional Black Congress. Other than Holder, which notable Black has had a prominent role in his cabinet?

As far as this Trayvon Martin case, there are mixed reports. I sent online petitions by friends but I didn't sign them. I wanted to hear all the facts. I've heard some recent reports about his background and witnesses that supposedly said he was the agressor. However this is contradicted by the fact that physically Zimmerman had him by 100 pounds and he was on the phone during the incident with a female friend who contradicts his being the aggressor. I'll wait and see what the facts reveal.

I totally disagree with the article saying that it will be used as a rallying cry in the election. I seriously doubt that. Its not Obama. Its not what he does. His comment aside, I don't think he'll use it.

You know who keeps Rev Al and Jesse relevant? White media. They rarely get air time on major black hosted airwaves. Tavis Smiley, Oprah, etc. They are inivited by conservative black hosts to appear so they can be exposed but they never accept. I've said this before. Privately "we" (blacks) chuckle when we see Jesse spouting about something and Rev Al is laughed at outright. NO ONE I've ever met has ever openly supported Rev Al. None. They latch on to things that has wide black support like this current matter and the mass media thinks they are credible by association. The family in these matters are understandably distraught and desperate for justice and that is how Rev. Al and Jesse get involved.

Jesse has always been known as a guy who supported things either for the notoriety and/or the payday.

White America should be thanking Obama for marginalizing Jesse and Rev Al for them...lol.

You know who keeps Rev Al and Jesse relevant? White media. They rarely get air time on major black hosted airwaves. Tavis Smiley, Oprah, etc. They are inivited by conservative black hosts to appear so they can be exposed but they never accept. I've said this before. Privately "we" (blacks) chuckle when we see Jesse spouting about something and Rev Al is laughed at outright. NO ONE I've ever met has ever openly supported Rev Al. None. They latch on to things that has wide black support like this current matter and the mass media thinks they are credible by association. The family in these matters are understandably distraught and desperate for justice and that is how Rev. Al and Jesse get involved.

Jesse has always been known as a guy who supported things either for the notoriety and/or the payday.

White America should be thanking Obama for marginalizing Jesse and Rev Al for them...lol.

Don't say that to white liberals! My sister jumped all over me for saying something critical about Al Sharpton. She says he "made some mistakes" in the past, but now he is "working for all the people". Yeah, right. Not a selfish bone in his body.

Don't say that to white liberals! My sister jumped all over me for saying something critical about Al Sharpton. She says he "made some mistakes" in the past, but now he is "working for all the people". Yeah, right. Not a selfish bone in his body.

Sharpton is just a carnival barker. And I'd guess a rich one at that. As for the dude wearing the t-shirt above, surely there's a better photo of him someplace in a PD records section. 555555555555555 It will be interesting to see how this incident shakes out. Another lacrosse team senario? Another "rush to judgement"? Early media reports concerning the kid were showing a photo of an innocent-looking 12 year old. That is, the photo was taken 5 years ago. Lots can happen to a kid in 5 years...and not always good. Best for everybody to things to take its course. Plenty of attention is being given by various investigative agencies and the media. Nothing is gonna be swept under the rug.

HH

It looks like Kennedy and Roberts are going to be the "swing" votes on the healthcare law. Other than Larry King type questioning the solicitor on the constitutionality of the single payer plan, I can't tell how they will vote. I'm hoping that Kennedy, who almost always votes in favour of the government in commerce questions, breaks the 4-4 tie. It would be bad if the SC decides this issue in a 5-4 vote. By the way, does Clarence Thomas ever participate with questions during these cases or write decisions either majority or minority (or is he as worthless as he seems to be)?

Russian president suggests Romney use reason, head

March 27, 2012 — MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has sharply suggested that Mitt Romney use his head and remember what year he's living in after the Republican presidential contender said Moscow was America's "No. 1 geopolitical foe."

Romney described Russia in those terms while criticizing President Barack Obama for his caught-on-mic remarks to Medvedev that he would have more room to negotiate on missile defense if he is re-elected in November.

During a briefing Tuesday in Seoul, where he and Obama were attending a nuclear security summit, the Russian leader said Romney's remarks "smacked of Hollywood" and sounded as if they came from the Cold War era.

Medvedev advised the White House hopefuls, including Romney, to "rely on reason, use their heads," adding, "that's not harmful for a presidential candidate." He further said, "It's 2012, not the mid-1970s, and whatever party he belongs to, he must take the existing realities into account."

NATO's U.S.-led missile defense plans have long been an irritant in relations with Moscow, which has rejected the U.S. assurances that the shield is needed to fend off an Iranian missile threat and voiced concern that it will eventually grow into a threat to Russia's nuclear deterrent.

In a Monday meeting on the sidelines of the summit, Obama's remarks to Medvedev were picked up by a microphone without either apparently knowing. "This is my last election," Obama was heard telling the Russian president. "After my election, I have more flexibility."

Medvedev replied in English that he would convey the message to Vladimir Putin, who reclaimed the presidency in an election earlier this month and will formally take office in May. Seeking to contain the gaffe, Obama has said he wants to spend the rest of the year working through technical issues related to the missile defense dispute with the Russians and that it was not surprising that a deal couldn't be completed quickly.

Medvedev echoed Obama on Tuesday, saying that "there are no secrets here, and it's not surprising that a number of issues are better solved in a specific political situation." "There are good and bad periods for solving things," he said. "And it's quite obvious that the situation when all political forces are stable is the best time for that."

Medvedev, who is expected to take over as prime minister, the job Putin is leaving, added that while Obama has always stood firm for the U.S. interests, he has been a good partner who has helped establish a "friendly and trusting" dialogue.

"I consider our dialogue with President Obama over the last few years to have been exemplary," Medvedev said. "The most important thing for a dialogue is for the parties to hear one another. And he has been a very comfortable partner in that sense."

http://www.mail.com/int/news/europe/1162422-russian-president-suggests-romney-use-reason-head.html#.2396-stage-teaser1-1