Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Just my guess but I think the facts may play out where they BOTH share blame and it will be a kinda 'wash', which will presumably be acceptable to the Zimmerman people but not to the Martin people who will see anything short of Zimmerman spending a considerable amount of time in jail (not probation, not less than say 3-5 years) will be seen as an injustice.

It appears to me that both were at fault. But Jesse and Al want to have a martyr and probably will not settle for less.

I wonder how this is going to impact on the election. I don't see it gaining Obama any more voters than he already had. It could turn off some people who might have voted for him. :dunno:

Reports now say a witness has been identified. He says Trayvon Martin had jumped Zimmerman and was beating him on the ground, with Zimmerman yelling for help. The witness called 911, and 911 said they could hear yelling in the background. The police also say that Zimmerman's face and head were bloody, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains. So what is Obama going to say know if this turns out to be true? Maybe he shouldn't have shot him, but what would you have done?

Nothing like jumping to conclusions, Mr Prez.

<< Sonner declined to discuss most details of the case to protect his client, who is under investigation by a state special prosecutor, the FBI and the U.S. Justice Department.

But he did affirm a police report that Zimmerman suffered a bloody nose and a cut on the back of his head. Sanford police said they found no evidence to contradict Zimmerman's story of self defense, supported in part by the injuries.

Sonner said Martin punched Zimmerman in the nose and Zimmerman hit the back of his head on the ground upon falling backward. >>

My link

The murder has become a battle field between the right, the dems and the blacks.

A lot of stuff doesn't add up currently. Both sides are fighting for their version of what happened at that night.

Clear seems to be that the guy walked home, without provoking anybody or even showing any signs that he was about to commit a crime.

Zimmerman followed him in his car and against the advice of the 911 person left the car and confronted him. What happened is not clear at the moment, except that the Zimmerman killed the guy.

Only a proper trial at court would be able to clear things up (the media almost probably won't).

I wonder if/how "Stand your ground" will be applied. If so, it's a license to kill. Just follow someone you want to murder, confront him/her with a gun in a place without witnesses and shoot him/her. Afterwards you just need to tell the police that you thought that the person looked suspicious and when confronted attacked you...

surprised.gif

PS: How does the NRA say: Guns don't kill, but people do.

They might add that laws help people to kill (with a gun).

Zimmerman followed Martin, which he should not have done. Martin got pissed off and jumped Zimmerman, obviously intending to do him serious injury, which he should not have done. So how does one determine who is to blame? As I said, both are. It should be up to a court of inquiry to determine the guilt, not the press and politicians.

:hmmm:

A totally bizarre incident just happened in Chicago. A tavern owner got tired of burglars breaking into his bar and decided to sleep there. He and his wife were awakened in the wee hours by an intruder. He called out, the intruder ran, so he shot him in the leg. The man who shot the burglar has been arrested, and his community is up in arms because of it. No international news or anything, since both the tavern owner and the burglar are black. Can't make any racial headlines out of it, so it is ignored.

Zimmerman followed Martin, which he should not have done. Martin got pissed off and jumped Zimmerman, obviously intending to do him serious injury, which he should not have done. So how does one determine who is to blame? As I said, both are. It should be up to a court of inquiry to determine the guilt, not the press and politicians.

A totally bizarre incident just happened in Chicago. A tavern owner got tired of burglars breaking into his bar and decided to sleep there. He and his wife were awakened in the wee hours by an intruder. He called out, the intruder ran, so he shot him in the leg. The man who shot the burglar has been arrested, and his community is up in arms because of it. No international news or anything, since both the tavern owner and the burglar are black. Can't make any racial headlines out of it, so it is ignored.

In Arizona we can carry guns in the open or concealed without any problems. The rules

are very clear when a gun can be pulled out and when it can be used.

As for Zimmerman's 'guilt', I guess a jury will have to determine

his 'percent' of the blame.

As the story unravels it makes me wonder if Zimmerman had

the mental stability to even own a gun let alone use a gun.

Zimmerman followed Martin, which he should not have done. Martin got pissed off and jumped Zimmerman, obviously intending to do him serious injury,

This is Zimmerman's lawyer's version. It is still not clear at all what happened in the minutes/seconds before he killed

Trayvon.

It still really surprising that Zimmerman hasn't been arrested, considering that the US police sometimes takes school children in for minor offenses.

This is Zimmerman's lawyer's version. It is still not clear at all what happened in the minutes/seconds before he killed

Trayvon.

It still really surprising that Zimmerman hasn't been arrested, considering that the US police sometimes takes school children in for minor offenses.

Zimmerman is now getting a lot of support from the Tea Baggers

and the Conservatives.

Considering how some of these people hate our 'black' President,

it only adds more fuel to the hatred already present.

In Arizona we can carry guns in the open or concealed without any problems. The rules

are very clear when a gun can be pulled out and when it can be used.

As for Zimmerman's 'guilt', I guess a jury will have to determine

his 'percent' of the blame.

As the story unravels it makes me wonder if Zimmerman had

the mental stability to even own a gun let alone use a gun.

As for as I know the background check only looks at ones criminal background. If you are seeing a psychologist they are not allowed to divulge who is under their care. In Pennsylvania you can have a concealed weapon. I have a childhood friend who is a recovering addict and he has one. Every so often he goes out on a drug binge. So far, he has not been arrested so his permit is still safe. I've pleaded with him for his own safety and others to get rid of his gun. Its amazing you can be a drug addict or technically mentally unstable and can own a gun.

While waiting for the facts, it doesn't look good for Zimmerman in my mind. He went after the teenager after being told not to. People who are minding their own business don't normally get into a fight unprovoked. Martin may have been a hot head or a truant but had Zimmerman simply listened it all could have been avoided.

Martin has a less than stellar background compared to most.

Geraldo has come under fire for saying kids shouldn't be wearing hoodies as it makes them look like criminals. It does to some people but people have a right to wear what they want. My dad wouldn't allow the sagging jeans, tattoos, earrings (although I got my left ear pierced in college). When I went to HS in the suburbs those kids complained cops stopped them if their hair was too long and they wore black concert t shirts, torn jeans and army jackets and smoked cigs.

What I think is too much for me personally are members of Congress wearing hoodies in protest.