Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

So, its okay to drink any amount of alcohol or take any amount of prescription drugs that can alter your mental state and have a gun but if you smoke pot you can't? Okay, makes sense to me.

It is okay to take precription drugs such as Oxycodin and own a gun.

But if you have a legal marijuna card and smoke marijuana your ass is 'grass'.

Doesn't make sense to me also.

Should be interesting if Obamacare is tossed.

If it does get tossed the fear of

Social Security and Medicare getting tossed also

might be enough to get Obama re-elected!

If I was Obama's campaign manager, I would do a lot of fear mongering to the seniors in Florida. Arizona will never go Dem despite the seniors there but Florida could so I would stir up the seniors in Florida and it could swing that state his way.

One thing about the Trayvon Martin/Zimmerman case. I don't necessarily think that if Zimmerman followed him because he was black that he's a racist in the sense that I understand a racist to be. I've heard it said he has black friends.

If I was a neighborhood watch guy and I saw a black teenager wearing a hoodie walking around in a predominantly white neighborhood (assumng the area was this way), I would be suspicious as well. Fact is a lot of crime is conducted by black teenagers. Same as if I'd be suspicious of a white teen ager with tattoos, long hair or a guy that looks like a biker.

Not excusing his actions, but I don't think it makes him a racist. Labeling and stereotyping, okay. But you can still have plenty of black friends and still label some folks. Same as I may label a guy that looks like a good 'ol boy and assume he's some redneck cracker and he may not be but it doesn't make me anti-white. Not sure if that makes sense.

So even though Zimmerman may have and probably did follow him because he was a suspicious black teen, emphasis on black, it doesn't make him a racist in my definition of the word. To other folks, maybe and such is their right.

Zimmerman's close friend is a black TV announcer in Florida. He has publicly stated that though he doesn't know what happened, it was not because of racism. Zimmerman is not a racist, period.

As to Social Security and Medicare, Jesus you guys. These were okayed by the courts long ago, SS back when my parents were high school kids. Not to say the Dems might try to strike fears over them. Politics has very little to do with the truth or honesty. Integrity is also very rare in a politician.

Maybe Bangkok Traveller is afraid the Supremes were revoke the Gadsden Purchase and return southern Arizona to Mexico. :)

Physicist Analyzes Sandra Fluke's Birth Control Expenses

Booth R. Myers, PhD

Many of you have likely seen the heart rending testimony of Ms Sandra Fluke, a law student at Georgetown University, before a Congressional Committee this week. She was lamenting that no one would subsidize her birth control expenses, which she claimed would amount to $3000 during her three years in law school. After watching Ms. Fluke describe her desperate situation I set to thinking of ways to help her out of her crisis.

First, of course I had to pass through the grieving period I experienced after hearing of her inhumane treatment at the hands of the Georgetown administration and our Government – what cruelty lurks in the heart of men that they would leave this poor woman to fend for herself when all she wanted to do was get laid seven times a day (see my analysis below).

Once I recovered from my grief, I set to thinking about ways to help this poor girl. Being a Physicist, I sat down with my calculator and worked through some numbers. Ms. Fluke’s expense account for birth control (aka sexual entertainment) was claimed to be $3000 for three years at law school. Let’s presume that as an educated woman she wants to be doubly safe and uses both birth control pills to prevent pregnancy and condoms to prevent STD (sexually transmitted disease).

Using the Wal-Mart cost for birth control pills of $9 per month, her birth control pills will cost her $324 for her entire law school career (if you can call it a career – I can think of other names). This leaves only $2676 for her condoms.

I went to Amazon.com, and found quality condoms available for 33 cents each in packages of 60 condoms each. This cost includes tax and shipping. Since she has $2676 for her 33 cent condoms, she will be buying 8109 condoms during her law school “careerâ€.

To use her 8109 condoms (remember, $3000 was Ms. Flukes’ own number) she would have to have sex 7 times a day. This number presumes that she has sex ten times a day on Sundays when she has more free time.

So, having worked through these numbers, I have some suggestions for Ms. Fluke to help her work through her crisis:

1. Find dates who are gentlemanly enough to either provide their own condoms, or at least split the cost with her. Selection criteria is the key to this one.

2. Spend more time studying. Even seven “quickies†a day will seriously cut into quality study time. This would not only save money but would improve her education as well.

3. Seek funding from the EPA from one of their Wetlands Protection programs – surely Ms. Flukes’ nether regions would qualify as wetlands given sex seven times a day.

Just trying to help out a starving student.

By the way, the average starting salary of new Georgetown Law School graduates is $160,000 a year, FYI. So why do the taxpayers have to pay for her birth control?

[Making the rounds]

I don't recall that my university's insurance took care of either out-of- wedlock or in-wedlock children. If a female student got knocked up, it was her problem. Demanding free birth control coverage from her student insurance amounts to her insisting that pregnancy is a disease. If it is, then she is the product of that disease, just as are all of us.