Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I know several SeALs... They are all pissed at this guy. He betrayed his oath and his fellows.

Normally, I don't like the government involved in people's freedom of speech but I'll make an exception for this case. I would have absolutely no problem if the government was able to stop the printing of it. He made an oath. Stick to it. If he wanted to be a writer, he shouldn't have joined in the first place. He volunteered and took an oath.

If the government is doing illegal activities, people should not speak out?

Wouldn't an oath be negated if the government was doing illegal activities?

Problem is for us on the sidelines, we only get fed what the news media/government wants us to hear/see.

How are whistleblowers treated? like shit but they are usually doing it to save the USA! go figure... :dunno:

. :dunno:

The government has been lying for generations. I spent my first six months in RVN in an area where Nixon had announced no American troops remained. Only after we started getting hit hard and making the news for our casualties were we withdrawn from the area. My first sergeant told me a bit about spending 4 months on the Lao side of the Vietnamese border. A buddy who was in the USAF actually spent time at a listening post inside North Vietnam. Do you want people blabbing about such things and getting GI's killed?

From theblaze.com GOVERNMENT

WOMAN ALLEGEDLY PREVENTED FROM BOARDING FLIGHT BECAUSE TSA DIDN’T LIKE HER ‘ATTITUDE’

Posted on September 9, 2012 at 8:21pm by Erica Ritz Print »Email »

Comments (25)

An angry airline passenger claims the Transportation Security Administration prevented her from boarding her flight not because she was a security risk, but in retaliation for her “attitude.â€

She explained in the description of an accompanying YouTube video:

This was inside the terminal at the Houston airport. I was not allowed to board a plane (even though I had already been through airport security) because I drank my water instead of letting the TSA “test†it.

She added:

The TSA agent finally admitted that it wasn’t because they thought I was a security risk-it was because the TSA agent, Louis Godeaux, was mad at me!

Here is the clip, apparently shot with a cell phone:

The Huffington Post has a rough transcript:

Woman: “Do you think that I am honestly a threat…?â€

Male agent: “No, no, no, but with your attitude…â€

Woman: “Let me get this straight. This is retaliatory for my attitude. This is not making the airways safer. It’s retaliatory.â€

Male agent: “Pretty much…yes.â€

Woman: “Is that legal?â€

It should be noted that the clip does not show the initial altercation, which could have involved more than just drinking water after going through security.

However, the woman admits the situation ended well.

“I was able to get on the very next flight out of [Houston, and] even managed an upgrade! (thanks United),†she wrote.

The passenger concluded: “I know this is not really news (it seems like the TSA is retaliating all the time against people), but it was a little satisfying to get that statement on video.â€

(H/T: Gawker)

–

Related:

Discrimination? Beck Details ‘Subhuman’ Treatment He Received on American Airlines & In NYC This Weekend

‘Horrible’: Video Catches Woman Sobbing During TSA Patdown

TSA Agent Spills Grandpa’s Ashes on the Floor After Violating Screening Procedure

Problem is for us on the sidelines, we only get fed what the news media/government wants us to hear/see.

How are whistleblowers treated? like shit but they are usually doing it to save the USA! go figure... :dunno:

We do "illegal" things all the time. Every government and just about every body does. (Ever speed?) In the the USAs case, the objective is to protect it's citizens from the other guys doing worse illegal things. (Not that it always ends up that way, sadly.)

There is a big question on the "legality" of drone strikes ordered by Bush and now Obama. But I am hard pressed to look at any list of intended targets and say they deserved to live.

As for Laden, he declared and actively fought a war against the US and the rest of the world. The US had every right to hunt him down and kill him dead. The sailor (I'm told they are revoking his seal qualifications.) had no right to talk about it at this time. As Flash said, 10 or 20 years later I would have had not issue with it.

We do "illegal" things all the time. Every government and just about every body does. (Ever speed?) In the the USAs case, the objective is to protect it's citizens from the other guys doing worse illegal things. (Not that it always ends up that way, sadly.)

so the end result justifies the means ?

why have laws at all then....?

is that why the US does not recognise the International Court in The Hague ?

BB

Isn't a military person required NOT to obey an illegal order from a superiority?

When the government engages in illegal activities, as say made illegal by the US Constitution, doesn't that affect more people then me speeding?

It is a question of holding the government to a higher standard. Didn't they take an oath to defend the US Constitution? and now we see them trashing the Constitution, this is OK? of course not.

We I got my drivers license, I took no oath. Do police officers, military personnel, politicians, etc take oaths...