Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"...I don't see any malicious intent there or anything even comparable to OH's comparison to Metzger..."

Context was, I was commenting in response to CS? WHo said it was difficult to hold people liable for their words when they incite violence...I mentioned Metzger as being one guy who was held liable. Though he did actually say people should be killed...directly said it, as opposed to one's interpretation of an indirect call to violence.

>>>>I don't seem to remember Obie visiting Fort Hood after that loony major massacred US soldiers there.

You have a very selective memory, FM.

Republican President Bushit did not attend a single funeral or arrival of a single coffin of one of the 4,432 American service personnel killed in a futile war started by him and his neo con mates ostensibly looking for non existent WMD.

Shame on him.

Flash...Barry DID attend a memorial serice at Ft. Hood.

Robaus...Bush explained his absence from military funerals in an interview with Stars and Stripes. He explained that he could not possibly attend every funeral of every fallen soldier and that if he attended one, he should attend all. Bush said that he preferred to personally meet privately with the families of those fallen to the extent possible. (Snopes says that he met with 100's of such families.)

HH

Pelosi and Palin could step off 20 paces and take aim. (I'm only guessing at who would win that one; and I've been known to give "sucker bets".

You are seriously betting on the "outdoorswoman" that took *seven* shots at 50 yards to down a caribou all while having her daddy load her gun for her? On national teevee?

I'll go 20:1 on that LOL!

I can't see them nominating her. Not if they want to win. It will have to be a moderate. But she'll demand a price.

Who have they got? No one.

Huckabee? Too fundy X-tian

Mittens? Not Xtian, wears magic underwear

Palin? Just a stupid nutjob who lost any credibility with her teevee show showing her lies

Newt? Puh-leese

Pawlenty? Mr Flip-flop? He was a moderate until he wanted to be POTUS

Who am I forgetting?

Flash...Barry DID attend a memorial serice at Ft. Hood.

Robaus...Bush explained his absence from military funerals in an interview with Stars and Stripes. He explained that he could not possibly attend every funeral of every fallen soldier and that if he attended one, he should attend all. Bush said that he preferred to personally meet privately with the families of those fallen to the extent possible. (Snopes says that he met with 100's of such families.)

HH

Maybe, but heaven forbid anyone saw that in any media. People might think the "war" wasn't worth it or sumptin'! Gotta keep them dollars a-flowing to the M-I-C and the GOPers buddies! Never mind the ethics.

>>>>I don't seem to remember Obie visiting Fort Hood after that loony major massacred US soldiers there.

You have a very selective memory, FM.

Republican President Bushit did not attend a single funeral or arrival of a single coffin of one of the 4,432 American service personnel killed in a futile war started by him and his neo con mates ostensibly looking for non existent WMD.

Shame on him.

I said I didn't remember. I don't really pay much attention to US politics. It's one of the advantages of living overseas. :D

p.s. Since I didn't mentioned GWB, how was I being selective? And when is Obie going to bring the troops home the way he promised in his campaign? The Bushman started the totally unnecessary war in Iraq, but the troops are still there almost 7 years later!

For a long time I wrote that as "tow the line." While I'm not one of the fellas concerned much with grammar (obvious) -- I even corrected people on a few occasions who - correctly - wrote it as 'toe..'.

:doah:

The burden of shame is not an easy one to bear.

Or is it bare?

:)

I feel your pain. But as a member of the liberal elite I feel I have a duty to spell properly. We are victims who have been unfairly targeted by the media. But do we retreat? Hell no. We reload. We keep grammar in the crosshairs. Our fingers are on the trigger. Lock and load you betcha. If Sarah becomes president I believe spelling can only improve across this great nation. It's a miracle!!!