Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Flash...Barry DID attend a memorial serice at Ft. Hood.

Robaus...Bush explained his absence from military funerals in an interview with Stars and Stripes. He explained that he could not possibly attend every funeral of every fallen soldier and that if he attended one' date=' he should attend all. Bush said that he preferred to personally meet privately with the families of those fallen to the extent possible. (Snopes says that he met with 100's of such families.)

HH[/quote']

Maybe, but heaven forbid anyone saw that in any media.

You expect the liberal media to print it? Give me a break, LK.

As for "ethics", I don't think you want to go there. :content:

HH

Here's what BushCo thought of the war dead...

No photos, by law...

Any ethics vis-a-vis GOP v Dems you want to argue, I'm there laughing at how easy it is to win that one.

I'm too lazy to shoot anyone, and most of them really aren't worth the consequences, but man I'd love to take the shit-eating grin off Dick Cheney's face:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Cheney

He just needs the black helmet and the cape - come to think of it, even *that* guy had a boss who wasn't just a puppet for his amusement.

'Sarah, I'm your father'.

"...

And seriously' date=' all this stuff about cross-hairs on a political map and tying it into a schizo killing someone, is reaching..."

Is it? What was the "real message" she was "trying" to say? Her rhetoric is indeed very similar, or could logically be considered as such, to that of Metzger, who went a step beyond implying people be killed, and just called for it. He claimed free speech as well. [/quote']

Yes, it IS reaching. You guys are seriously unfucking believable. Her rhetoric is not logically the same as Metzgers, and if you construe it as such.... yeah.

I could probably dig up several of your palin hating posts and twist them to something you didn't intend. And then turn you into the authorities like a good little sheep and say your logic is 'just like Metzgers'

You disappoint OH.

Metzger. Get the fuck outta here.

Hmmmm. Ya. "Don't retreat. Reload." could mean she just wants the First Dude to cum in her snatch again.

But you can't really believe it means anything but the obvious gun violence-based point she was making.

No LK, I don't believe her general campaign slogan of "don't retreat, reload" literally meant gun based violence. I don't think you believe that either.

I know you're familiar with metaphors. She probably could've (and should've) picked a better one, considering today's climate.

btw - I looked up Metzger, it seems he ran for congress in CA as a democrat, and spearheaded a group here to round up illegals. Hmmmmmm. Since were throwing out all these comparisons now to tie people in to society's most nefarious characters, who could possibly fit that bill? Interesting.

I also read somewhere that Metzer liked Singha. Hope there's no Singha drinkers on the forum.

Dershowitz is beautiful because he can't be pigeon holed, the conservatives dislike him as much as the liberals. And please explain to me how you equate being OJ's defense lawyer with being conservative? I like that. That's good. New.

I'm too lazy to shoot anyone, and most of them really aren't worth the consequences, but man I'd love to take the shit-eating grin off Dick Cheney's face:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Cheney

He just needs the black helmet and the cape - come to think of it, even *that* guy had a boss who wasn't just a puppet for his amusement.

'Sarah, I'm your father'.

I think Cheney did more harm to the US and by extension the world than we'll ever know.

Not our finest moment.

You self-censor yourself all the time. For instance, you don't walk into your office and tell your secretary "Get off your ass and make me some coffee, you lazy cunt!" You can bet your ass those words would have consequences! And I am sure you would never consider saying that even if that is what you thought. Same-same here regarding inappropriate metaphors in politics.

Ooops. I should've read this first. Obviously you are familiar with metaphors.

Look, basically we agree. We don't have free speech without limits or consequences. There are limitations. But I don't take it as far as you guys with the implication that the use of this macho slogan 'don't retreat, reload' was literal and on par with Metzger, who did - literally - want to murder people (and pressured his followers to act out, employing much more than a cheesy slogan).

I know you're familiar with metaphors. She probably could've (and should've) picked a better one, considering today's climate.

See, we agree. That is exactly the point I am making, whereas the wingnuts are repudiating even that thought. Words have consequences. Choose them carefully and if you fuck up, own it, don't hide it. 180 from the wingnut position.

Dershowitz is beautiful because he can't be pigeon holed, the conservatives dislike him as much as the liberals. And please explain to me how you equate being OJ's defense lawyer with being conservative? I like that. That's good. New.

There you go again (hattip Ray-gun). You love playing with strawmen; did you have Barbies growing up too? :neener: Where did you equate what I said with that?

Big D is very conservative in my eyes because of his ties to AIPAC (rabidly pro), his stance on torture (OK, if you have a warrant) amongst other things that are pretty key planks in a progressive platform.

OJ has nuttin' to do with it (and unlike conservatives, I believe that even tho' I think OJ did it, the right decision was reached by that court).

<< OJ has nuttin' to do with it (and unlike conservatives, I believe that even tho' I think OJ did it, the right decision was reached by that court). >>

A judge who is a long time family friend told me the judge in OJ's trial was an incompetent. Apparently, he got picked because he was a minority. The prosecution was equally bad - picked a woman and a minority for appearance sake. not for ability. Finally, a former FBI forensic medicine expert told me he'd have been fired if he'd been as sloppy as the LA police with the OJ evidence. OJ was guilty as sin, but it would have been hard to convict him with the boobs conducting the case.

OJ has nuttin' to do with it (and unlike conservatives, I believe that even tho' I think OJ did it, the right decision was reached by that court).

So...he was "not guilty" by reason of ________? Are you sure that a decision on his guilt or innocence is dependent upon one's political tendencies? You must be admitting that conservatives believe in rule of law, whereas libtards do not. I guess you have admitted that you don't let facts get in the way of reaching the right conclusion. :rotl:

Actually, OJ was rightfully found responsible for "wrongful death" by a jury not so blinded by his celebrity and in a courtroom with a judge not so incompetent as Judge Ito. Ito let the trial reach a stage of farce I've never seen before or since (in any of many courtrooms I've sat).

HH