Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Gov. Jesse slams the one percent

http://www.ora.tv/of...-0_614pev7mxbu9

I'm a little different. I do not begrudge ANYONE who has amassed wealth. No problem in the 1% getting richer. What I object to is when they have an unfair advantage or at the expense of the rest of us. The rich and conservatives will bring up the tax rate for the rich. NO ONE pays that rate if you make over the 400k needed to be in the 1%. There are so many write offs, etc. that are out there that what you actually pay is far lower than what the average guy pays on a 40k a year office job. Buffet admits he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. He pays under 20%. Who do you think writes the tax code? Its the lobbyists for the rich. Corporate welfare is twice social welfare but the national debate is over social welfare. My view is take away the unfair tax advantages, corporate welfare, write offs and make more money the same way you and I do, you work harder and smarter than the next guy or build a better mouse trap. The corporation are the same. They get tax write offs, go overseas and don't repatriate the profits and pay less. So, I'm not against the rich or the rich getting richer. What I do want to change are the advantages given to them and this includes their financing politicians to act on their behalf and using their wealth and power to keep us from progressing. There is no way in hell America shouldn't have already had high speed or bullet trains in the major transportation corridors like Boston to Washington, San Diego to San Francisco, across Texas adn frankly across the nation and if we really think about it from 'Maine to Miami' the I-95 route. Go to Germany, France, Japan, Korea and you'll see very efficient, fast high speed rail as an example. Why don't we have one? The airline induustry and car industries have successfully kept us from doing so. There are literally millions of jobs that would be made in doing so. American jobs, done by Americans and the work benefiting America. From professional to shovel jobs. One example.

Anyway, overall I just want the 1% to abide by the same rules as you and I do.

• Like 1

Gov. Jesse slams the one percent

http://www.ora.tv/of...-0_614pev7mxbu9

Old Jesse is on the fringes now.

He sure gets around.

But he is quite right on this one. Most really don't understand the numbers. Oh, they hear the term one percenters. But don't really comprehend the severity of the inequalities.

Speak with anyone friend or at random - and all think that they are "middle class". From the minimum wage gal at the convenience store to the $500,000K executive at some corporation.

I have a few acquaintances who make $500,000+ and all look with disdain at anyone who gets a pension from the federal government, state government, retired military, or disability from service in the military. The military is just a "job" and should not get anything after retiring.

There are a ton of videos on youtube of cops harrassing/abusing all manner of people. Soccer moms, college coeds, old people, etc. police from all over the country abusing all manner of people from every walk of life. The police are now seen by mainstream America as the enemy to some extent. I've posted a few on here. What happened from the police you grew up hearing was here to serve and protect? Well, I think it got worse after 911. Law enforcement got a green light. The blue shield is in effect and police departments are closing ranks unless its just too egregiuos. I also think the quality of officers has gone down a lot. It used to be the only time we heard of police abuse was in the inner city to minorities. We didn't think much of it because of the high crime rate. Suburban cops or cops in predominantly white areas never abused the community. Nowadays its everywhere. No one is immune and I mean NO ONE. Do a search in youtube or on the net, its large urban police departments as well as Poduunk, Iowa.

Its bad. It was always bad when I grew up. The cops treated everyone bad. I had an old school baptist deacon dad who he if ever heard I spoke to any adult in any disrespectful tone it was my ass on a sling. I was told to look you in the eye when I spoke to you if you were an adult and use a tone that resonted respect for your person. I said Mr. Officer to cops. I can tell you my brothers, friends and I have been >>this close << on a few occasions to either being arrested or physically abused. Once when lost I went to a cop and said 'excuse me officer, I'm trying to find the blue line'. I was in a rich part of Philly. He asked what I was doing there. I said I was lost. He pulls out his cuffs and I said 'Officer I was asking YOU for help' it dawned on him and it made him angrier and told me to put my hans on the wall. Luckily this woman (white) overheard the whole thing and got into his ass. In LA, I was threatened more than a few times by either LAPD or LA sherriffs and this was when I was wearing a shirt and tie to work and sometimes stopped in said shirt and tie. The reason why Rodney King riots happened was because for years we were saying it happened and when it was caught on camera it was ignored. Rodney King wasn't the best example...lol..but the riots were basically Blacks in south Central saying 'no one cares'. Not true but it was the prevailing sentiment. Now its happening to everyone. Its happening at the airports with TSA people who are harrassing everyone, from all walks of life. America has truly become a police state and the court system seems to be in on the bad joke because if you notice there aren't many successsful lawsuits of these even if you have the video. Recently police have been confiscating recordings at the scene. Not their property from a bystander and the courts are now backing them up.

just a smidgen...these are all kinds of folks all over the country, large and small towns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH4ZVMSLOk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XNpEFLrjp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8fh4VmeuTw

"Suburban cops or cops in predominantly white areas never abused the community."

I grew up thinking the police were my friends. They were the good guys. Nowadays, I'm not so sure. There are still plenty of good ones, but we are hearing more and more about the police acting like thugs. :(

p.s. I was also raised that you don't hit a woman. Doesn't matter if she is white, black, brown, purple or polka dot. What happened to that?

Retired Army Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson Rips Dick Cheney: He Isn't Immoral, He's Amoral

"I think amoral is a better and more precise, descriptive term. With Dick Cheney, it's all about power. Yes, it's about wealth coming from that power, too -- he's worth $70 million or $80 million now, so one can hardly say that's not the case -- but I think the power aspect of it ... is more important to him than the amassing of wealth," Wilkerson said.

He added that an amoral person makes for "a more dangerous individual" than an immoral one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/01/lawrence-wilkerson-dick-cheney_n_5548352.html