Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

"Suburban cops or cops in predominantly white areas never abused the community."

I grew up thinking the police were my friends. They were the good guys. Nowadays, I'm not so sure. There are still plenty of good ones, but we are hearing more and more about the police acting like thugs. :(

p.s. I was also raised that you don't hit a woman. Doesn't matter if she is white, black, brown, purple or polka dot. What happened to that?

I remember sometimes if women were stopped they'd chew out a cop for writing them a ticket. This happene in the burbs where I went to HS. Girls get away with a lot just by being women. Especially cute ones. Cute girls would be pissed off if a cop dared right them a ticket. 'I'm cute, i don't get tickets'...haha..that was the attitude. Nowadays that same cute girl stands a good chance of being manhandles and charged with resisting arrest. Google or youtube 'police abuse woman' or 'police abuse the elderly' or even kids. its across the country. I don't know what happened. Its been across the board increasingly since 911. Also I think the quality of cops have gone down. It used to be tough as hell. You took a barrage of mental and psychological tests. They weeded out the guys who wanted to become cops for the power kick. They hired a lot of vets because they were disciplned. Now, standards are lowered, cops who wouldn't have gotten into the academy because they ticked off too many of the boxes on the psychological exams that suggested they loved using power are now on the force.

Retired Army Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson Rips Dick Cheney: He Isn't Immoral, He's Amoral

"I think amoral is a better and more precise, descriptive term. With Dick Cheney, it's all about power. Yes, it's about wealth coming from that power, too -- he's worth $70 million or $80 million now, so one can hardly say that's not the case -- but I think the power aspect of it ... is more important to him than the amassing of wealth," Wilkerson said.

He added that an amoral person makes for "a more dangerous individual" than an immoral one.

http://www.huffingto..._n_5548352.html

Cheney is scary. Really. What I find most objectionable are ANY news medium that asks for and tells his opinion. My question is why is Cheney's view on ANYTHING worth listening to? Really. The guy is so toxic not even his own party will touch him with a 10 foot pole. The guy is completely unapologetic about anything. His opinions I have no care for but again, why would anyone ask for his? That's who I question when I hear/read 'Cheny says.....'

. Also I think the quality of cops have gone down. It used to be tough as hell. You took a barrage of mental and psychological tests. They weeded out the guys who wanted to become cops for the power kick. They hired a lot of vets because they were disciplned. Now, standards are lowered, cops who wouldn't have gotten into the academy because they ticked off too many of the boxes on the psychological exams that suggested they loved using power are now on the force.

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

http://abcnews.go.co.../story?id=95836

Cops have become militarized with complements from 'gifts' of military equipment from Homeland Security and the USA military.

Absolutely valid.

Both state and cities now have tanks (armored vehicles).

All police officers in my state both big cities and the smallest towns have fully automatic military M-16's. Inside each squad car.

All states have a state police SWAT team.

Now all towns big and small have regionalized SWAT teams made up of local Barney Fife types.

In one small city - the Homeland Security headquarters is located. The state police headquarters is located. And this little city - the actual city police department has two armored vehicles. Less then a mile from the Homeland Security armored vehicles. Less then a mile from the state police armored vehicles. AND less then a mile away is the state National Guard. And this national guard unit has Apache helicopters.

Of course the state police - less then a mile away - has two airplanes and two military style drones.

These men and women in blue just love military style equipment.

Cheney is scary. Really. What I find most objectionable are ANY news medium that asks for and tells his opinion. My question is why is Cheney's view on ANYTHING worth listening to? Really. The guy is so toxic not even his own party will touch him with a 10 foot pole. The guy is completely unapologetic about anything. His opinions I have no care for but again, why would anyone ask for his? That's who I question when I hear/read 'Cheny says.....'

He and others are what Fox News provides to keep the ratings up.

Fox News will grab anyone - as long as they disparage Obama.

The Fox News nutcases just love this sh*t.

Ratings equals advertising revenue.

Sad commentary on "news" today.