Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

DOB: May 27, 1923

Kissinger was born Heinz Alfred Kissinger in Fürth, Bavaria, Germany, in 1923 during the Weimar Republic, to a family of German Jews

In 1938, fleeing Nazi persecution, his family moved to London, England, before arriving in New York on September 5

His studies were interrupted in early 1943, when he was drafted into the U.S. Army.

He was awarded the 1973 Nobel Peace Prize for helping to establish a ceasefire and U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kissinger#Early_life_and_education

Rumors of his sexual habits...

Having been a wikipedian in the "early years" (when it was not so big yet, I was there when the english wiki had barely passed 100,000 articles), I can say that if that rumour was persistent enough (eg with enough reliable sources) it would have been mentioned in the article. I know how wikipedia works in that regard, most rumors would be mentioned (off course saying it is a rumor).

For now I can only find it in the archive of the talk pages, and only mentioned once there in 2004! So if it was only mentioned once and only in 10 years time, I can tell you that that is a very obscure rumor which is not documented much.

Talk pages are for many articles on wikipedia a good feel as to how a controversial a subject matter is. For Kissinger, whether he is a practicing jew or not seems to be heavily debated. Talk pages are where things CAV mentioned would pop up and be discussed.

Peace with Honor.

Richard Nixon

Henry Kissinger

"Nixon had been elected in 1968 on the promise of achieving "peace with honor" and ending the Vietnam War. In office, and assisted by Kissinger, Nixon implemented a policy of Vietnamization that aimed to gradually withdraw U.S. troops while expanding the combat role of the South Vietnamese Army"

Wasn't no "peace" and wasn't no "honor".

A bunch of hogwash.

And by the way - the "Vietnamization" program was already implemented by President Lyndon Johnson.

I give little credence to this Wikipedia article.

My Vietnamese friends were scared to death by the American withdrawal. They knew the ARVNs were no match for the NVA, and were worried about what communist rule would be like Hanoi overran the South. Kissinger's main concern seems to have been to allow the US to get out of the war and guarantee a decent enough interval before Hanoi blitzed the place. :(

Speak of the devil ...

Henry Kissinger 'considered Cuba air strikes' in 1976

US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger drew up plans to "smash Cuba" with air strikes nearly 40 years ago, government papers obtained by researchers show.

He was angered by Cuba's 1976 military intervention in Angola and was considering retaliation if Cuban forces were deployed elsewhere in Africa.

The information comes from documents declassified at the request of the National Security Archive.

They show that Mr Kissinger was eager for the US to stand up to Cuba.

The documents from the Gerald R Ford Presidential Library show that US officials devised plans to attack ports and military installations in Cuba in addition to measures ordered by Mr Kissinger to deploy Marine battalions based at the US Navy base at Guantanamo Bay to "clobber" the Cubans.

"Kissinger, the global chessboard player, was insulted that a small country would ruin his plans for Africa and was essentially prepared to bring the imperial force of the United States on Fidel Castro's head," Mr Kornbluh was quoted in the newspaper as saying.

"You can see in the conversation with [uS President] Gerald Ford that he is extremely apoplectic," Mr Kornbluh said, describing the then secretary of state's language about doing harm to Cuba as "quintessentially aggressive".

http://www.bbc.com/news/29441281

Kissinger made plans to attack Cuba in retaliation for Angola incursion in 1976

Counseled Ford that they would have to "crack the Cubans"

...and that accent he "has" is phony, as some years ago he was caught off guard and did not speak with the accent!!!

http://www.infowars.com/kissinger-made-plans-to-attack-cuba-in-retaliation-for-angola-incursion-in-1976/

Secretary of State Henry Kissinger ordered a series of secret contingency plans that included airstrikes and mining of Cuban harbors in the aftermath of Fidel Castro’s decision to send Cuban forces into Angola in late 1975, according to declassified documents made public today for the first time.

“If we decide to use military power it must succeed. There should be no halfway measures,†Kissinger instructed General George Brown of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during a high-level meeting of national security officials on March 24, 1976, that included then Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. “I think we are going to have to smash Castro,†Kissinger told President Ford. “We probably can’t do it before the [1976 presidential] elections.†“I agree,†the president responded.

The story of Kissinger’s Cuban contingency planning was published today in a new book, Back Channel to Cuba: The Hidden History of Negotiations Between Washington and Havana, co-authored by American University professor William M. LeoGrande and Peter Kornbluh who directs the National Security Archive’s Cuba Documentation Project. Research for the book, which reveals the surprising and untold history of bilateral efforts towards rapprochement and reconciliation, draws on hundreds of formerly secret records obtained by the authors. The documents detailing Kissinger’s Cuban contingency planning in 1976 were obtained by Kornbluh through a Freedom of Information Act request to the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library.