Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

• 2 weeks later...

12/22/2014

By RYAN GORMAN

North Korea's Internet –- yes, the country does have web access –- appears to be under a major attack despite many experts doubting the regime's involvement in the Sony Pictures hacking scandal.

The hermit kingdom's usually spotty Internet access is currently experiencing more issues than usual, according to the blog North Korea Tech. This includes all websiteshosted inside the country.

The communist country's connection to the outside world is failing and websites hosted within its borders keep going down, according to cyber security firm Dyn Research, which runs the blog.

12/25/2014

Tried to watch the movie "The Interview" this morning.

Signed into Google Play. Paid for renting movie.

The trailer played fine.

The movie began. Then stopped.

Then tried on PC. Wouldn't play on computer.

Called Google technical support.

Got a refund.

But what the tech guy stated was that Google was calling in their technical support to find out why there are issues with the playing of this movie. Apparently, I am not the only one having issues.

Could it be that the "Koreans" have hit Google?

In 1961, children across the United States of America learned to read in FIRST grade.

Not third. FIRST.

ALL children.

I can speak from firsthand knowledge, of schools in both an affluent suburb of Seattle (where the teachers got frustrated because the boys liked to play with paper airplanes and the parents had to remind the teachers of what those boys's fathers did for a living - design and build the world's best flying machines), and of an almost-rural suburb of Waco (the houses across the street from us backed up onto raw wilderness, complete with Western diamondback rattlesnakes).

I went to a private kindergarten at the Methodist Church when I was 4 years old, since my school district than didn't have one. We learned the alphabet and were writing simple words. When I started first grade, my teacher was quite pissed off because I already could read. (She was also angry because I was only 5, having just barely slipped past the age limit.) I'd get bored with the spelling assignments since they were so easy and draw pictures on the paper. What I remember most about the first grade was being sent to stand in the corner quite a lot. :p

p.s. That was in 1948. :ohmy:

I went to "infants" school in 1965, what the colonists call kindergarten ;) I Would have been 4, and a bit. My mother had taught me to read before then and I think most of the other kids starting at the same time could also read. We were hardly great readers but we could certainly manage. A lot of my early school included some element of rote learning for the simper basics, reading, writing and simple arithmetic. We had 20 words a week spelling tests right through high school, and it paid off.

My father could lay a fire before he started school and skin a pheasant, I never learned how to do either, then again we had gas fires and supermarkets so it was hardly a necessity. Had I been caught out in the woods on a cold night I would have been stuffed, but of course it never happened. I think some of the thinking in modern schooling to overlook some of those more basic elements is that we have tools, calculators and spell checkers to do the work leaving the individual to focus on other matters. The requirement of course is that the tools be ubiquitous and accurate, they pretty much are.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve...good to know that the North Koreans have finally released you after completion of your "re-education". :neener: Too bad that for the last few years you've only been allowed to see MSNBC news. Otherwise you wouldn't be promoting things like " As for Ferguson, the pro Wilson narrative has the major media." I don't know where you get that. From the start, major media has been overwhelmingly supportive of the deceased and even argumentative over the grand jury's appropriate determination. The deceased was no angel. Did you not see the video of him committing strong armed robbery that ultimately led to his demise. Did you not know that he was probably high on dope that morning? Did you not know he was not "college bound", but his classes at some vocational school had started a week prior to the incident? Here's some interesting background on your college-bound kid. (Be thankful he wasn't at Auburn. LOL)

http://beforeitsnews...eo-2468794.html

HH, wow its been ages. I've not been on here for ages myself. Yes, I'm a ful blown pinko, left commie now. Actually, I'm the same, its America that has gone so far right, it appears I'm a pinko. I have absolutely no problem with the L word: Liberal to describe if we are using the view from the fringe right.

With regards to Brown and Wilson. I would disagree that the media is pro Brown. The media isn't even practicing journalism as we know it to be. Brown did pay for the cigs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maA1FUJqhew and he had smoked pot. Nothing else. So, he was doing what half of frat row did when I went to college. But lets just say he didnt, lets just say he stole them. Lets assume whatever bad things has been said. He stole them and he smoked pot. The premise of what we are to believe is that he, unarmed, arbitrarily goaded, beat and verbally berated a cop. Lets let that premise sink in. Someone who stole cigs makes it probably cause to attack a cop? No sane person buys that premise. We've seen enough cop shows to know that. If a detective was to honestly look at it all and objectively come up with the most likely scenario, taking all the backgrounds of everyone involved, video, etc. and the only logical determination will be murder. Why? even hardened criminals don't attack cops. I've known a few in my dday. Its rare. Especially if that hardened criminal has no outstanding warrants. Even if they do. Unarmed? No. Its suicide. It happens but its rare. Lets look at Wilson's background as well as Ferguson PD. Wilson, part of a grouop of cops released from a prior PD for racial bias. http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/darren-wilsons-first-job-was-on-a-troubled-police-force-disbanded-by-authorities/2014/08/23/1ac796f0-2a45-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html as well as Ferguson cops in white supremacist links http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ferguson-police-mole-helping-anonymous-identify-kkk-link-darren-wilson-1476508

The probably scenario: Wilson told Brown to get the f**k out of the street as his friend said Wilson addressed as. Not a surprise, I've been talked to by cops the same. Wilson called Brown over to his car because Brown had attitude. Wilson attempted to talk more shit. What he said, scared Brown enough for him to fear for is life or at least his physical safety. Wilson probably went for his gun to back up his threat. Brown may or may not have struggled with him fearing for his life. Attempted to run, Wilson enraged fired at him, missed, hit, fired till he was dead because dead men tell no tales. This is the most damning video yet. The two white construction workers

The cops took 4 hours to get the body to get their ducks in a row. From day one the cops have done everything they can to get Wilson off. Wilson knew nothing of the alleged robbery, the store didn't call it in, but they released it at the same time as the release of Wilson's name to get public support. The cops have been found, by the media to have been in the crowd to agitate it by throwing bricks, dressed as protesters. this is a fact. The prosecutor, whose father was a cop killed by a black man, threw the case.

I've had a loaded gun poinetd at me 6 times in my life and shot at once. The one time I was shot at was in south Philly when a buddy mouthed at a guy. The other 5 times guns were cocked and pointed at me were by cops. Two of those times I was convinced I would be shot and thank God I wasn't. The standard for what would make a person attack a cop (stealing cigs and smoking pot) were lowered to justify outright murder. Its plain as day and its a hard truth many in America do not want to face. Cops justifiably kill many people. Right after the Brown murder there was a shooting in Ferguson. Suicide by cop it seems like, it was all on video. No, protests. No anything. There are scores of shootings of blacks in America by cops and they go by unprotested. why? They are legit. The same for a lot of shootings of anyone. White, black or whatever. Justified. The witnesses to Brown, the initial reaction from ALL of them on electronic media, video, messages, phones, the initial reaction ALL said murder. My belief is the cops intimidated witnesses later on. Those white construction workers refused to give evidence. Why? Fear.

Blacks have a whole lot of problems amongst us. Its plain. We talk about it amongst each other. The larger issue is its tough enough already without the added institutional and systemic barriers, attacks, thrown in. And the cops are a systemic issue. I've said this before on here. EVERY black male has a cop story. Its something we dont even asked, its assumed. Asking is seemed as asanine asking if you've ever had a donut. I guarantee you, Dr. Ben Carson, Larry Elder and Michael Steele have had at least one incident at some point in their lives and they choose not to admit it. I spoke with my father about it. He and our mom raised us not to question authority. Cops were "Mr. Officer' and its how I addressed each officer in each of those 5 times each one had a cocked gun pointed at me, yelling at me and I'm scared trying to follow instructions and they seem to just ignore it. its not the norm, most stops are courteous but at least once in our lives we get that 'one cop' who seems determined to find an excuse to arrest or shoot you. I've been called the most vile things by a few Philly cops in hopes of my reacting to give them a reason to shoot me. I asked a cop for directions once downtown when I was 13 and he took it as an opportunity to berate me and cuff me for being in the wrong neighborhood (I was in the very rich, upscale Society Hill area ..lost). Off duty black cops fear other cops more than criminals http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/23/off-duty-black-cops-nypd_n_6373496.html and http://www.blackyouthproject.com/2014/12/white-cop-kills-off-duty-black-officer-during-chase/

Do Blacks deserve to be profiled? Thats another issue and I have a response for that. Yes and no. But that's a debate for another time.

Hope you're doing well. Its been too long.

• Like 1