Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Should have knowed it ... it has nothing to do with San Francisco.

White House blames GOP for Kathryn Steinle’s slaying, rise in gun violence

The White House blamed congressional Republicans Monday for the death of a San Francisco woman allegedly shot by a repeat offender illegal immigrant, and for a spate of gun violence last weekend in President Obama’s hometown of Chicago.

Referring to the shooting death last week of Kathryn Steinle, allegedly shot by a Mexican man who has been deported five times, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said the U.S. would be safer if Republican lawmakers had approved comprehensive immigration reform backed by the president.

“The president has done everything within his power to make sure that we’re focusing our law enforcement resources on criminals and those who pose a threat to public safety,†Mr. Earnest said. “It’s because of the political efforts of Republicans that we have not been able to make the kind of investment that we would like to make in securing our border and keeping our communities safe.â€

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, a Virginia Republican, said Sunday that the Obama administration shares responsibility with San Francisco authorities for the release of the illegal immigrant, Francisco Sanchez, who has an extensive criminal record.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which had Lopez-Sanchez in its custody in March after his release from federal prison, turned him over to San Francisco deputies on a drug warrant and requested an immigration detainer, asking that the agency be notified before he was released.

But San Francisco is a “sanctuary†city that doesn’t honor such immigration detainer requests. The sheriff’s department released him.

...lower then pond scum...cashing in on the vets...WTF!!!

To Help US Veterans Charity, George W. Bush Charged $100,000

http://news.yahoo.com/help-us-veterans-charity-george-w-bush-charged-225504539.html

Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News.

The former President was also provided with a private jet to travel to Houston at a cost of $20,000, the officials said.

" Former President George W. Bush charged $100,000 to speak at a charity fundraiser for U.S. military veterans severely wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan, and former First Lady Laura Bush collected $50,000 to appear a year earlier, officials of the Texas-based Helping a Hero charity confirmed to ABC News. "

Let's hope they ask someone of higher moral values and principles next year ..

Should have knowed it ... it has nothing to do with San Francisco.

White House blames GOP for Kathryn Steinle’s slaying, rise in gun violence

The White House blamed congressional Republicans Monday for the death of a San Francisco woman allegedly shot by a repeat offender illegal immigrant, and for a spate of gun violence last weekend in President Obama’s hometown of Chicago.

Referring to the shooting death last week of Kathryn Steinle, allegedly shot by a Mexican man who has been deported five times, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said the U.S. would be safer if Republican lawmakers had approved comprehensive immigration reform backed by the president.

“The president has done everything within his power to make sure that we’re focusing our law enforcement resources on criminals and those who pose a threat to public safety,†Mr. Earnest said. “It’s because of the political efforts of Republicans that we have not been able to make the kind of investment that we would like to make in securing our border and keeping our communities safe.â€

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, a Virginia Republican, said Sunday that the Obama administration shares responsibility with San Francisco authorities for the release of the illegal immigrant, Francisco Sanchez, who has an extensive criminal record.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which had Lopez-Sanchez in its custody in March after his release from federal prison, turned him over to San Francisco deputies on a drug warrant and requested an immigration detainer, asking that the agency be notified before he was released.

But San Francisco is a “sanctuary†city that doesn’t honor such immigration detainer requests. The sheriff’s department released him.

. Donald Trump has a comprehensive plan to solve this problem.

Hillary's fee is $275,000, but it does go to the Clinton Foundation. I don't think that the Clinton Foundation offers any assistance to veterans.

...and you can be sure that Hillary is well compensated from the Clinton Foundation!!!

Hillary isn't donated squat...the Clinton Foundation funnels the $$$ to the Clintons!!!

Can you say...SCAM!!!

How Vietnam, and the sacrifices made by our veterans, became personal for me

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/07/16/when-vietnam-got-personal.html

Now it’s personal. Vietnam, I mean. The Americans who were there.

First, they’re older than I expected. That was jarring. I was meeting them in my work on a six-city premiere tour for "Faith of our Fathers,†a story of two sons of Vietnam soldiers getting it right about their dads, and with each other. And with God. In the film I’m Sgt. Mansfield, a tough guy who knew both fathers overseas. Now he’s his men’s living link to their sons.

In the premieres we tried to also get a few things right. A reverse red carpet for instance, meaning U.S. vets walked the carpet, paused for the cameras, and we cheered them on.

I remember thinking years ago that in my lifetime the last vets from World War II, what some called “the good war,†would die. Now they leave us at the rate of nearly 500 a day. Of the 16 million who served, about 850,000 are left. Now it’s Vietnam that threatens to fade before we say thank you. Before we say we got it wrong letting culture and politics block our view of their sacrifice. Their honor.

The movie tour stung at times. The vets were choked up. I was choked up.

One quick story: Bobby Downes, one of the producers of "Faith of our Fathers" took the hands of a Vietnam Vet. Bobby looked the man in the eye and said, “Thank you for answering freedom's call. You said yes and put your life on the line. Your sacrifices sealed my freedoms. And one more thing: welcome home."

The vet teared up.He said, "No one’s said that to me."

People around us had tears. There were so many other moments. The next vet. And the next. And the next.

Now these Americans are leaving us as they die of old age and complications. We’ve got to let them know we’re grateful. In six cities I caught on to a certain look to the Vietnam survivors—not like the WWII vets who attended. You gotta wonder if that look, that awkwardness, has something to do with the lack of gratitude they ran into back in the U.S.

Imagine a year or more of foreign war and coming home to be despised.

We showed "Faith of Our Fathers" to packed houses, and at the end of each filming, I said to audiences full of veterans, "No amount of work I’ve done in my life ever will be as important as what you have done in service for our country."

On the final night in Monroe, Louisiana, Si Robertson—“Duck Dynasty’s†Uncle Si—was presented with a 50th Anniversary flag from the Department of Defense, marking the start of the Vietnam War. Si served four tours in Vietnam and 25 years in the army. He took a microphone and said, "I've watched this movie twice now and tonight it hit me deeper and meant much more to me—the sacrifices each of you in this room made. All gave some. Some gave all."...