Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Bizarro ...did I miss something?? Crazy...

I got drafted and then almost went before NIxon ended the draft- SO WHAT?? .

I had quite a few friends come home in boxes but my few weeks of nervousness is nothing and does not relate in any way to those that actually went and fought.

Zero zip nada this s a joke??

Is this satire??

You'd be surprised how many they take in. ;)

I saw a Marine and a Navy guy ranting over this one on Facebook:

SMA Dailey Authorizes Festive Holiday Uniform Modifications

post-98-0-34162100-1447484078_thumb.jpg

http://www.duffelblo...liday-uniforms/

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Duffel_Blog

The Duffel Blog is an American military news satire organization featuring satirical articles reporting on US military news. It is often described as "the military version of The Onion." It was founded in March 2012 by Marine veteran Paul Szoldra, originally as a way to drive web traffic to his website CollegeVeteran.com. It eventually branched out and became its own entertainment website. The site enjoys a large following among civilians, veterans, and servicemen alike. The blog has more than 150,000 fans on Facebook and about 10,000 Twitter followers.

Seriously? The many "board" members I've met who claim to be anything from CIA, Secret Service, Un-named Secret Service, etc etc etc it's amazing! There are a LOT of "tin" soldiers out there, guys who've been nothing more than a contractor driving trucks or pushing paper or just masturbating. Many paper hero's, not so many real ones. Flash being one of the few here I believe as being real, and Old Hippie, who's no longer here, can't think of others that seem any more real than Hillary or Ben

A tad light on reality - Hillary.

Yes, they would have grabbed her is a split second.

Just another story.

She and Ben at times do live in a fantasy land. Dr. Ben got a "scholarship" to West Point. But turned it down.

Why make up such sh*t. Something about the military that some fantasize about looking back when they avoided the military at all costs.

Thank you.

The Canadians do it a tad better as far as the date goes.

Thanksgiving Day in Canada - Time and Date

Time and Date

Loading...Thanksgiving Day in Canada has been a holiday on the second Monday of ... Mon, Oct 12, 2015, Thanksgiving Day, National holiday, All except NB, NL, NS, PE.

"Thanksgiving in Canada is celebrated on the second Monday of October each year and it's an official statutory holiday - except in PEI, Newfoundland, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia - however federally regulated institutions do observe Thanksgiving in those provinces too. In the US thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November."

LINK

You would be surprised how many ex navy seals / ex special forces guys are driving trucks here in the States.. 555

Sit inside of a truckstop and you hear these loud mouths..

I have only met 2 true former special forces guys in my life. Weird thing is I worked both of them almost 8 years before I ever found out.

Something that neither one of them talked about much, which I understand

<<I have only met 2 true former special forces guys in my life. Weird thing is I worked both of them almost 8 years before I ever found out.

Something that neither one of them talked about much, which I understand>>

Weird, in Bangkok it's the opposite, I met nearly any night out someone boasting about their "history". I suspect you've worked for "real" people, I seem to meet a lot of tin soldiers.

:)

Even at the Bangkok VFW post, combat vets are in the minority. That's the way it is in the military, figure about 4 or 5 in support for each one in combat. That's what it takes.

p.s. Nobody pulls any "make believe" crap at the VFW, strangely enough, If anything, folks keep quiet. I knew one guy a couple of years before I found out he'd been an Army Ranger in Vietnam. I knew another one about six months before learning he was a retired Special Forces colonel.

• Like 2