Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Not a weekend to go to concerts or gay bars in Orlando. I imagine that Disneyworld is on high alert!

Well, not to diminish the gravity of all of this but . . . a few more votes for Donald Trump!

Worst mass shooter in U.S. history - NYC-born 'Islamic extremist' Omar Mateen, 29, who shot dead 50 and injured 53 in Orlando gay club massacre was homophobe 'who got angry when he saw two men kissing'

LINK

Only talk of gun control...how about securing the borders? FBI was watching this guy? how about putting down the donuts and do a little more then watching...the Muslims are on the way to completely burn down the USA and our politicians are sitting on their hands...watching...

He was born in the U.S. and was a U.S. citizen, so securing the borders would not have stopped him. The question is; how could anyone be legally allowed to purchase the type of guns that allow someone to shoot over a hundred people (out of the estimated 300 persons in the nightclub). I don't know the answer to how much Liberty the American public would be willing to turn over in giving law enforcement the tools to handle extremists and nut cases.

"Trump will be happy"

I doubt it. No one can be happy .

My point being..........

(CNN) Donald Trump responded Monday to the worst terror attack since 9/11 with a no-holds-barred attack on Muslims and Hillary Clinton that played loose with the facts and was rife with inflammatory rhetoric.

He claimed Clinton wanted to disarm Americans and let Islamic terrorists slaughter them, while seeming to overinflate the number of Syrian refugees and insinuating the perpetrator of the Orlando attack was a foreigner.

In a speech pulsating with tough talk that will likely please his supporters, the presumptive Republican nominee also renewed his call for a ban on Muslim migration into the United States -- and extended it to cover all nations with a history of terrorism. Hinting at a huge expansion of presidential power, he vowed to impose such a system by using executive orders.

"The current politically correct response cripples our ability to talk and to think and act clearly," Trump said framed by two American flags at Saint Anselm College in New Hampshire. "If we don't get tough, and if we don't get smart, and fast, we're not going to have our country anymore. There will be nothing, absolutely nothing, left."

Trump's speech Monday was a clear attempt to use the fallout from Sunday's attack in Florida that left 49 dead to position himself as a strong agent of change determined to flush out a culture of weakness and incompetence that he said had let terrorism fester and threatened the existence of U.S. culture itself.

It is a strategy that appealed to his base and helped him win the Republican primaries, and he is now deploying it after a rough couple of weeks signifying the start of the general election.

As part of that effort Monday, he delivered some of the most explosive and forceful political rhetoric uttered by a major U.S. political figure in many years, seeming to show little regard for facts.

Trump refused to name Omar Mateen, the killer who went on the rampage in an LGBT nightclub in Orlando, during his speech. But, adding a line not found in his prepared remarks, he said that he was born "an Afghan, of Afghan parents, who immigrated to the United States." But the perpetrator of the Orlando massacre was born in New York to parents from Afghanistan.

RELATED: Trump, Clinton face off over Orlando massacre

The real estate magnate also appeared to equate all Muslims who seek to come to the United States with the perpetrators of recent terror attacks -- another claim that seems to fly in the face of the evidence about a community that has been present in the U.S. for decades.

"We cannot continue to allow thousands upon thousands of people to pour into our country many of whom have the same thought process as this savage killer," Trump said.

"Remember this, radical Islam is anti-woman, anti-gay and anti- American."

Trump's claim that a "tremendous flow" of Syrian refugees was pouring into the country free of screening also seemed to be an exaggeration.

Entries have risen in recent months but the process has been painstaking for many of those hoping to win refuge in America and have to submit to a months-long vetting process.

Since May 1, 2,019 Syrian refugees have been admitted to the U.S., according to a State Department official, while only 1,736 were taken in over the first seven months of the fiscal year.

He also accused Clinton of endangering the country with her plans to bring in more foreigners.

"Hillary Clinton's catastrophic immigration plan will bring vastly more radical Islamic immigration into this country, threatening not only our society but our entire way of life," he charged. "When it comes to radical Islamic terrorism, ignorance is not bliss. It's deadly -- totally deadly."

He accused Clinton of wanting to "allow radical Islamic terrorists to pour into our country. They enslave women and they murder gays. I don't want them in our country."

And he repeated an unsubstantiated claim that Clinton wants to deny Americans' 2nd Amendment rights.

"She wants to take away Americans' guns and then admit the very people who want to slaughter us," Trump said.

Clinton has called for universal background checks and stricter controls on firearms, but has never called for the abolition of the 2nd Amendment.

RELATED: Clinton: I'll say the words 'radical Islamism'

Trump's rhetoric -- which was heavy on toughness but often short on policy details -- contrasted sharply with the more nuanced and conventional response to the attack delivered earlier by Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee.

But he made a case that the current policies were not working and were leaving America dangerously exposed to a tide of Islamic terror he said was coming its way -- an argument that many in the GOP find compelling.

He has pointed to the political benefits of the rising fears of terrorism following other recent attacks.

In each instance, Trump sought to project both strength and a lack of concern for the reaction to his provocative rhetoric, calculating that both would help him rise in the polls during the Republican primary. Indeed, a majority of Republican voters agreed with Trump's call to temporarily ban all foreign Muslims from entering the United States.

"Whenever there's a tragedy, everything goes up, my numbers go way up because we have no strength in this country," Trump said on CNN after last December's San Bernardino shooting. "We have weak, sad politicians."

Better vetting of these people who buy these guns!

At one time, I might have bought an AK-47, but just as a wall hanger, something for my collection and maybe as

an investment. Many reasons to buy one.

Now, I'm not interested in guns. I doubt that I will ever own a gun again, not that I do lie them but just don't need them.

Outlaw guns? blame the NRA? blame the Muslims? where to start...

There was once a Federal ban on weapons such as an Ak-47 and AR-15, but it expired some years ago. The Republicans in Congress have refused to vote to restore it. It seems this guy was on an FBI watch list, but they'd decided he was harmless. Oops.

An alternate theory is that the guy was actually bi-sexual, since he had been seen at the gay club quite often - not just dropping in to investigate prior to an attack. His attack was to "prove" that like a good Muslim he was anti-gay after all. His actions came just two weeks after an imam in Orlando had called for the murder of homosexuals as an act of "kindness" (to stop their sinful behaviour).

• Like 1