Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Trump say he wanted Japan to defend themselves, pay for their own defence?

"Abe said: "North Korea's most recent missile launch is absolutely intolerable," during a joint press conference.

"I just want everybody to understand and fully know that the United States of America stands behind Japan, it's great ally, 100 per cent," Trump said."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11799434

Top candidate to lead Democrats says primaries were “rigged†against Bernie — then changes his mind

Former Labor Secretary Tom Perez startled many in the Democratic Party establishment Tuesday when he admitted that the Democratic National Committee “rigged†the presidential primary in order to help Hillary Clinton win the nomination last year.

“We heard loudly and clearly yesterday from Bernie supporters that the process was rigged and it was,†he said in a meeting with 20 Democratic Party officials in Kansas.

But on Wednesday, Perez, who is a leading candidate to become the next DNC chairman when party officials vote at the end of February, quickly reversed himself with a series of tweets explaining that he “misspoke†and that Clinton “became our nominee fair and square.†:worship:

Perez’s reversal comes in the final two weeks of the campaign to become chair of a party that remains divided in the aftermath of Donald Trump’s November victory. Sanders supporters across the country still insist that he could have beaten Trump, and blame the DNC for stacking the deck in favor of a deeply flawed candidate.

Emails released by WikiLeaks last summer showed Democratic Party officials deriding Sanders and brainstorming stories to plant in the media about Sanders’ campaign being a “mess.†Former DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned last summer in the aftermath of both those disclosures and blowback from scheduling Democratic primary debates on days and at times when few people were likely to be watching.

Though these tensions have not abated among rank-and-file Democrats, all seven major candidates for DNC Chair have attempted to sidestep the issues revolving around the contentious Democratic primary. Over the last three months of campaigning in the party’s regional forums, the major candidates have broadly criticized the party’s failures but have avoided the Hillary-Bernie battle.

The fourth and last regional forum with all the candidates will occur Saturday in Baltimore, and it seems that relitigating the primary will not be on the agenda even in the face of Perez’s flip-flop. Even Perez’s main rival, Congressman Keith Ellison, an early and vocal Sanders supporter, did not attack Perez’s decision. His office declined to comment for this story.

Why the silence from the candidates? Perhaps because the DNC chair is elected by about 450 Democratic Committee members — not by the millions of unhappy Sanders voters. If the primary was rigged, it’s likely that many of these party insiders would have been the ones doing the rigging.

Perez’s candidacy is itself a symbol of how tightly controlled the DNC chair race is by the party’s high-ranking members. He entered the race late but almost immediately achieved frontrunner status because he had support from many members of both Clinton’s campaign team and the Obama administration. Former Vice President Joe Biden recently championed Perez’s candidacy, and Obama himself all but endorsed him in December when he called him “one of the best secretaries of labor in our history†and someone who is “tireless†and “wicked smart.â€

Such establishment support may be enough to propel Perez to victory in two weeks, but it’s as yet unclear how much support the establishment will have from the base once he gets there. The base of the Democratic Party is currently raging in the streets and organizing themselves — and they’re doing so largely outside the apparatus of the Democratic Party.

“This movement is organic and separate from the battle for the DNC,†said Ezra Levin, co-founder of the Indivisible Group, which has helped organize protests all over the country. “There has been no coordination with them.â€

https://news.vice.co...en-changes-mind

Now some could say, that we here have an interesting relationship with feminism and the rights of the fairer sex, but I think its fair to say that we operate in LOS with the understanding that our temporary girlfriends choose to be so.

Now in America, there seems to be a whole different attitude, rising up from the swamp, that makes some of us 360s look like suffragettes...

""

Oklahoma House Representative Justin Humphrey says he sees any pregnant woman as "the host".

Speaking to The Intercept about his endorsement of abortion laws which would, for example, require any woman seeking an abortion to get permission from the man who impregnated her, Humphrey also said this: "I understand that they feel like that is their body. I feel like it is a separate - what I call them is, you're a 'host'. And you know when you enter into a relationship you're going to be that host and so, you know, if you pre-know that, then take all precautions and don't get pregnant.

So that's where I'm at. I'm like, hey, your body is your body and be responsible with it.

But after you're irresponsible then don't claim, well, I can just go and do this with another body, when you're the host and you invited that in."""

I've always thought it takes two to tango. A woman doesn't get pregnant all by herself, so why is the decision entirely hers? She obviously wasn't on the pill, or it wouldn't have happened (except in case of rape).

But an attitude like that would get me stoned by most of today's western women.

• Like 1

I just heard Trumpo on the radio

Today being Thursday in the states.

He says he's going to Melbourne Florida on Saturday at 5pm.

He's heard the crowds there are Huge, Magnificent, He wants to be there...

Now he can see into the future?

He can see the crowds two days out?

How does he know they're not demonstrators bent on throwing rocks at him?