Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I will say this about Trump and its that he has changed U.S. politics for the near future if not permanently. My hope is that this opens up the way for non political people. One of his biggest critics, fellow multi billionaire Mack Cuban has hinted he would run. The 'good' out of it is if a person like Warren Buffet runs. Smart, sober minded.

The very rich didn't get that way being nice and with Trump's laundry list of past wrongs, they are not going to be see it now as a deal breaker or campaign breaker. Also, even much important to them is that they won't feel beholden to release their taxes.

I will say this about Trump and its that he has changed U.S. politics for the near future if not permanently. My hope is that this opens up the way for non political people. One of his biggest critics, fellow multi billionaire Mack Cuban has hinted he would run. The 'good' out of it is if a person like Warren Buffet runs. Smart, sober minded.

The very rich didn't get that way being nice and with Trump's laundry list of past wrongs, they are not going to be see it now as a deal breaker or campaign breaker. Also, even much important to them is that they won't feel beholden to release their taxes.

John Oliver's latest quip

"Donald Trump: the Donald Trump Junior, of presidents...."

Constipo.jpeg

Hopefully, we can get qualified rich

citizens to run (except Mark Zuckerberg). But without the nepotism and conflicts of interest involving the rich person's financial portfolio. The last 2 have a good chance of sinking the Trump Presidency, if the Russia prope doesn't.

Hopefully, we can get qualified rich

citizens to run (except Mark Zuckerberg). But without the nepotism and conflicts of interest involving the rich person's financial portfolio. The last 2 have a good chance of sinking the Trump Presidency, if the Russia prope doesn't.

This has been stated time and time again. Over and over. For many elections. Local, State, and Federal.

IT DOES NOT WORK.

Just because someone runs/starts a successful business has absolutely no bearing of becoming a successful government leader.

Older case in point.

Governor Craig Benson.

Start up company - Cabletron.

Became successful and rich.

Ran for and won NH governor. 2 year term.

Promised to bring "business" practices to the state house. Cut "waste, fraud, and abuse".

One of Benson's first acts was to tell all state department heads to cut 10% from all annual budgets. Neat. Except.

Cut the court system 10%. The task for the court system 10 % was given to the chief judge at state Supreme Court system. There they just cut court clerks and typists.

The result. Months and in some cases years of back log delays in court cases. To the point that Governor Benson rescinded the cut of 10%.

The state roadways went into disrepair. Long lines at the DMV. And on and on.

Upon Governor Benson's run for re-election he was asked why nothing had been accomplished in his first 2 year term - his answer was - "I need another 2 year term - to get all of the items that he had promised to do.

Governor Benson was voted out and never to run for public office again.

So much for a "businessman" to run government !

LINK