Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

If McCain was not a war hero, I question how far he would have succeeded in his political career as a Republican...even as a "moderate" Republican.

This is certainly good news for Barry, cuz during the televised discussion on C-Span regarding health care legislation, McCain and Obama dueled it out pretty good for a minute or so. I did notice that McCain incorporated a bit of a disclaimer when addressing his seance with Barry; indicating that he has respect for the office of the Presidency, but not specifically saying Obama himself. :dunno:

HH

SO am I correct in assuming that you NEVER provided insurance to your employees when you had them? and you currently have no medical coverage?

FWIW, I am part owner of a small business in the bay area. [color:red]We are eligible to purchase group health insurance[/color] through the local small business association as well as the local county chamber of commerce. You may want to look into that. I also have my regular insurance through my main employer.

I have not seen of these policies worth the paper they are printed on. One of the problems with these policies is they do not cover much and are for the most part expensive.

Small businesses really get the screw in this area.

SO am I correct in assuming that you NEVER provided insurance to your employees when you had them? and you currently have no medical coverage?

FWIW' date=' I am part owner of a small business in the bay area. [color:red']We are eligible to purchase group health insurance[/color] through the local small business association as well as the local county chamber of commerce. You may want to look into that. I also have my regular insurance through my main employer.

I have not seen of these policies worth the paper they are printed on. One of the problems with these policies is they do not cover much and are for the most part expensive.

Small businesses really get the screw in this area.

So you admit you NEVER provided health care benifits to any of your workers at anytime? No more Rogueyamming, a simple yes or no...?

If they were part time employees, no requirement to provide insurance. Even full time workers, no requirement.

Many employers have vastly increase the amount the employee must contribute in order to have insurance.

Most insurances have greatly increased in costs for the policy and jacked up the employee deductible while decreasing the coverage provided.

It is totally farked up in the USA...except for the politicians, our lords, or so they think!!!

If you want.

But if you read just my posts, which are not very long esp compared to some, you will see that I am for health insurance but not a law that makes you a criminal if you dont have it, nor that will force a small business to either fire employees or go out of business.

Sadly, we will not be hearing from Allistar anymore. I received a PM this morning that he had taken his own life and that it was a self-inflicted action. If enough are interested, I'll post the contents of the PM here.

HH

If they were part time employees, no requirement to provide insurance. Even full time workers, no requirement.

Many employers have vastly increase the amount the employee must contribute in order to have insurance.

Most insurances have greatly increased in costs for the policy and jacked up the employee deductible while decreasing the coverage provided.

It is totally farked up in the USA...except for the politicians, our lords, or so they think!!!

All true points, which is why we need national health care...but previously, a certain person made a statement that employers should provide health insurance to their workers...so well...

If you want.

But if you read just my posts' date=' which are not very long esp compared to some, you will see that I am for health insurance but not a law that makes you a criminal if you dont have it, nor that will force a small business to either fire employees or go out of business.[/quote']

Sadly, we will not be hearing from Allistar anymore. I received a PM this morning that he had taken his own life and that it was a self-inflicted action. If enough are interested, I'll post the contents of the PM here.

HH

Does that mean you can put another notch on your gun?

If you want.

But if you read just my posts' date=' which are not very long esp compared to some, you will see that I am for health insurance but not a law that makes you a criminal if you dont have it, nor that will force a small business to either fire employees or go out of business.[/quote']

HH

Sorry to hear this.

Maybe just post a few details; where he was located at the time, bad health? why he might have decided to move on? leaving wife/children?

how old? etc. A little personal but maybe we can learn and avoid such situations.

RIP