Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I see on the televisual extravaganza, that Mitchell McConnell is putting the blame squarely on the Democrats heads.

Cavanami, correct me if I am wrong: The Republicans,have the numbers to pass the bill, without democrat support, why don't they?

The bill needs 60 votes in the senate Coss. And there are only 51 Republicans of whom 4 voted against. And 5 Democrats (I believe) voted in favour. So unless they give something to the democrats it will not pass. It goes for most US legislation that needs a 60 vote majority at this moment. It will not pass if the Democrats block it.

The Republicans wanted to attach the Child Healthcare program to the spending bill sp the Democrats would be kinda forced to vote in favour of the bill. Then Trump tweeted no way will I sign of on that. The irony is that the Child Healthcare plan is absolutely not controversial at all. Both parties support it. But Trump doesn't support it.

Thanks Waerth, now I see what f**k fest this is.

My comments about Trump stand though, he's obviously not good at making deals, despite his promises to be so.

THE TRUMPIAN “DEALMAKER†MYTH IS FINALLY, TRULY DEAD - https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/08/the-trumpian-dealmaker-myth-is-finally-truly-dead

The Fall of the Deal-Maker - https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2017-07-21/trump-promised-to-be-a-deal-maker-hes-not

I see on the televisual extravaganza, that Mitchell McConnell is putting the blame squarely on the Democrats heads.

Cavanami, correct me if I am wrong: The Republicans,have the numbers to pass the bill, without democrat support, why don't they?

wrong, it needs 60 votes to pass......