Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Rep. Joe Crowley, D-N.Y., said it was "absolutely ridiculous" for Trump to mention Puerto Rico's debt "when people are suffering and dying. Here's a president who's used bankruptcy throughout his entire career."

Trump "we are doing more than anyone else could ever do" so how's that? how does he know that in a thousand years someone else couldn't do more for a disaster? Dotard.

Trump - He said Puerto Rico is “the most difficult job because it’s on the island.†- Stunning command of the language, Puerto Rico IS an island.

“It’s on an island in the middle of the ocean,†he continued. ‘It’s out in the ocean. You can’t just drive your trucks there from other states. - Stunning command of geography, and he's telling us, coz we dont know this we think you can drive trucks over oceans, we're imbeciles...

â€Seeking to change the narrative, Trump said “we are totally focused†on the response in both Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. - NFL anyone?

He also again highlighted that providing supplies to Puerto Rico provided different challenges than supplying relief to places such as Texas and Florida.

“We right now have our top people from FEMA, and they have been there,†he said. “We’re are unloading, on an hourly basis, massive loads of water and food and supplies for Puerto Rico.

And this isn’t like Florida where we can go right up the spine, or like Texas where we go right down the middle and we distribute. This is a thing called the Atlantic Ocean. This is tough stuff.†- 13 yr old girl language again.

Something I heard yesterday was Trump saying "we've sent ships" and then in the next breath "We're gonna send ships" - So which is it?

___

I did see another chap, advocating that the US military was capable of and should, send in vast numbers of people by air and that they were the only organisation in the world that can mobilise effectively and get the job done quickly. Sounds like a good idea.

I'm currently working with support to Peurto Rico, through our company.

The biggest single problem is logistics. Firstly the airport had minimal traffic due to Air Traffic Control being down, go that temp fix with Sat Phones, now a perm fix through VSAT is in place.

The airport is Daylight only, so limited hours to work.

Shipping is limited due to the US not revoking the Jones Act, so that's a problem.

So I have many friends working to send essential Coms gear, and the problem is getting it there, yes, USA land based disaster was so much easier.

• Like 1

Kinda long viewing (over an hour) but very good description of America and why we are declining. The guy seems to have a progressive bent. Interview happened during the Dubya administration but its still timely. Basically all empires have a few things in common from start to finish and we (America) are showing signs of the end. Very good point he made about the CIA. He said no one foresaw the fall of the USSR. Basically in 1985 you said the USSR will implode within 5 years you were seen as a tin foil hat nut. He made a valid point of why didn't the CIA see it coming? We spent 21 billion at the time on the CIA who analyzed every thing possible about the USSR and were totally clueless about what was happening.

• Like 1

Whilst I don't pretend to understand Tax in America, the tax plan just released, seems to have great benefits, the greatest you've ever seen, everyone is saying so, for the very wealthy.

And as to Trumperbelle's assertion that the tax plan won't benefit him personally, BullShit! All the news outlets are saying so :) Must be fake news!

I'm currently working with support to Peurto Rico, through our company.

The biggest single problem is logistics. Firstly the airport had minimal traffic due to Air Traffic Control being down, go that temp fix with Sat Phones, now a perm fix through VSAT is in place.

The airport is Daylight only, so limited hours to work.

Shipping is limited due to the US not revoking the Jones Act, so that's a problem.

So I have many friends working to send essential Coms gear, and the problem is getting it there, yes, USA land based disaster was so much easier.

Jones act was temporarily suspended for 10 days today. So your work should get a bit easier. A friend whom is a courier like me went there with parts and was supposed to turn around immediately. He is now stuck there. It seems it is easier to get in than to get out again.

Puerto Rico should go for independence and ask Cuba to help them rebuild. They would get more help then from the US.