Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

I also read that Apple is to repatriate a large proportion of it's offshore cash to the USA, with jobs and other platitudes to come. That's got be good for the average american.

Though the proportion of that decision, that can be laid at Trump's door, is likely very small.

Mr Coss , origin of the offshore Apple-cash is unpaid taxes elsewhere due to dubious arrangements with local tax authorities , EC countries like Luxemburg , Netherlands etc included . Tricky arrangements about licence-fees etcetera . The THAI360 board shall closely watch what the Apple company in reality does with the repatriated cash , create Trump-jobs in the rustbelt or God forbid pay as dividends to the shareholders ??

Bubi, yes, even the few of us that call middle earth home, feel that holding moneys in other countries to satisfy greed, is abhorrent. The goodies in this news is that other governments will now feel, they have the teeth, to make local companies bring their profits home and so be taxed on same.

Apple NZ in NZ, on it's sales, pays almost no tax as the profits are held in Ireland etc.

And yes, I'm not suggesting that Trump had anything to do with this, I think it more likely that the Dems and the more moderate Republicans, are responsible for this situation.

We watch eternally as sentient beings.

Well, I've had enough of asserting Trump's uselessness, from behavioural observation.

Some of the testimony that is being released to the public, is painting a picture, of Money Laundering and Russian Mob connections, with Putin's blessing, for not just the campaign, handover and first year, of the presidency, but going back 10~20 years.

This Trump fellow, looks like he's into the Russian cess pit, up to his scalp.

I suppose the public meltdown of his personae will be entertaining - but the circumstances around his downfall, look like they are a given.

How dare he! The bastard. :nono:

The Dow's 31% gain during Trump's first year is the best since FDR.

https://www.cnbc.com...-since-fdr.html

I detect the faint whiff of satire.

And for those who take this great news about the Glorious leader at face value:

The Sun comes up every day whilst Trump is President, Trump does not cause the Sun to come.

The Dow may have gone up anyway, even if Trump was dead, so claiming credit for things that happen anyway, is facile, or is it?

Oh and BTW, if I hadn't been providing such insightful comment, on Trump the candidate, he woulda lost the election.

But because everyone was talking about me, the best praise and comment ever! I use the best words, because I have the best education and the most wonderful, beautiful insight. Everyone says so.

Daniels describes the evening she joined Trump in his hotel room in Tahoe.

“The strangest thing about that night — this was the best thing ever. You could see the television from the little dining room table and he was watching Shark Week and he was watching a special about the U.S.S. something and it sank and it was like the worst shark attack in history.

He is obsessed with sharks. Terrified of sharks. He was like, ‘I donate to all these charities and I would never donate to any charity that helps sharks. I hope all the sharks die.’

He was like riveted. He was like obsessed. It’s so strange, I know.â€