Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Will Trump win the popular vote this time, or again win a majority of the Electoral College? How many loses will the Republicans take in the Senate and House in 2018? Trump began his run for 2016 in 2015, so I'll withhold anointing him an 8 year President until I see who the Democratic candidates are, hopefully by the summer of 2019. No matter what Trump does, there is at least half of the voters that will never vote for him. I don't think that the Democratic leadership will screw up the Primary election process as badly as they did in 2016.

Trumps "negotiating skills" may or may not work against North Korea and Iran but they aren't working against the Chinese, as shown in the recent trade negotiations. The Chinese called his bluff and Trump has no intention of starting a full blown trade war with China.

I wish to officially inform the international community that I agree with Donald the President looking at the customs tariffs US/EU. The EU agricultural system is a perverted way of protecting the agricultural industry against any outside competition. Advantage France, mainly. If the Donald would ever be able to shoot this into pieces i would from now on put a baseball cap on my bald head saying Donald First.

On the other hand his latest obsession seems to be the German automotive industry. Basically we are talking about import tariffs of 2,5 % into the US and 10 % into the EU. Pickups excluded. If this would be lowered to 2,5 % either way ( basis is landing cost ) I do not see anybody buying US built cars all of a sudden . Excluded BMW, DB ex US plants. I have virtually never met anybody in my life driving a US car, latest exception probably being the Ford Mustang. Plenty hp at low cost. The EU should agree to President Donald´s request and let him enjoy the glory. Which is the only thing he is after anyway.

Gentlemen, I am now exhausted from this thoughtful post but would finally like to make known that the German/Chinese trade balance is in favour of Germany. Which is not result of Angela establishing high tariffs on fridges or cars but of efficient workmanship. High tariffs take pressure away but promote inefficiency. Nuff said.