Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

" Crime in Germany is up 10% plus (officials do not want to report these crimes) since migrants were accepted. Others countries are even worse. Be smart America! "

Trumo today with new findings. Be smart America and hospitalise the guy.

Europe's migrant issue and America's immigration issues are apples and oranges. It's extremely difficult for the same migrants coming to Europe to get visas to America. Its a very long, tedious process that takes a few years.

Also, the people pouring out of these countries didn't just happen in a vacuum. You peel back the layers and see WHY these countries are in the state they are in and it may be a coming to full circle issue. The west has been meddling in these countries for decades Destabilizing them. The guns these groups have to come from somewhere.

Lets say we (the west) stop regime changing, actually stop using our collective power to remove resources we want and make it fairer so these countries have their own industries, etc, to feed their own people. France for example. actually makes its former colonies pay them for not being able to colonize them any longer. In essence, we can't outright own you and take your resources so you must compensate us for not being able to do so. Incredible as that sounds, they did that to Haiti, Senegal and others. The current Iran issue stems directly back to the west removing the elected ruler decades and decades ago and installing the Shah. America made a deal with Saudi Arabia in the early 70s to provide security if it would only accept the US dollar to buy oil after Nixon took us off the gold standard. The Balfour agreement is already famous with regards to Israel and the Palestinian arabs. As well as the Mountbatten division of India into separate countries.

if we follow the money, the current issue comes back full circle.

MS 13 is an issue. However, using them as the face of illegal immigration is political theater. As I said before. 99% of Americans couldn't tell you who they were before Trump mentioned them. Even living in Los Angeles, with a huge Salvadorean population, we didn't hear them mentioned at all. Are they a problem? Sure, they are born from a civil conflict that America fed. We created them if we are honest. We backed groups that used child soldiers and backed groups where the young saw savagery and we expect them not to be affected by it?

As for the detention of children and separating them. The cold hard fact is that there are at least 40 percent give or take of the voting public who will back Trump no matter what he does. Literally. He knows he has political cover. And the other cold hard truth is a percentage of Americans, an exact percentage I couldn't say but high enough to scare you, simply don't care. There are just too many people who really don't give a shit Coss. That's the truth. If cute little kids getting gunned down in school (Sandy Hook) hasn't moved the nation enough, then you think this will? As well as the plethora of mass shootings. And these are American kids. You are naive if you think this will stir enough emotion.

There is a cognitive dissonance millions of people have. I think something will be done but it will be done for political reasons not for the reason it should be, which is a matter of conscience and humanity.

I'm under no illusions whatsoever. None. I will vote or lend support to those who are fighting the good fight, but I've lost a lot of faith in my fellow Americans as a collective. Tough times and an unclear future has brought out the worse on too many of us.

Good news of sorts -

President Trump abruptly reversed course Wednesday, signing an executive order ending family separations at the U.S.-Mexico border after a public uproar over the impact of his administration’s “zero tolerance†immigration policy.

The plan would keep families together in federal custody while awaiting prosecution for illegal border crossings, potentially violating a 1997 court settlement limiting the duration of child detentions.

“So we're going to have strong, very strong borders, but we’re going to keep the families together,†Trump said as he signed the order in the Oval Office. “I didn't like the sight or the feeling of families being separated.â€

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/gop-leaders-voice-hope-that-bill-addressing-family-separations-will-pass-thursday/2018/06/20/cc79db9a-7480-11e8-b4b7-308400242c2e_story.html?utm_term=.3b219a9ade0d

So Trump reversed a policy his administration says it never had, which non-policy was nevertheless a "law" for which the Democrats were responsible.

"We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period." Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen. So did she lie?

I'm no legal expert but I would take exception if that were to be the complete statement of the law being applied in the cases which are being discussed here. First I would would want a clear and unequivocal explanation that relates to two very significant letters and how they are applied in this case, vis. UN-accompanied children and non UN-accompanied children, that is accompanied children. The law does seem worded such that it could be interpreted in a way far from its intention or spirit.

If application of C (i) or (ii) were to be pursued, on the basis that the parent or legal guardian is not "in the United States" and for the purpose of application in these cases said parent or legal guardians presence in the same detention facility is considered to be not in the United States then I would suggest the law is being subverted from its original intent. In fact I would suggest that there ought to be a wholly different codicil for dealing with people in border detention facilities as opposed to people actually in the United States, two very different places, legally.

Of course this snapshot statement of law is seen here in isolation so could well be being assessed out of context. Certainly it seems very incomplete.

RadioMan - what you've noted is of course correct.

Your point about C (i) and (ii) - if the parents are not in, or are in a place, that is considered, to be not in, the USA, and the kids are with them, then the USA presumably has no right to do things to them.

-----

My reading of this piece of legislation that, Cavanami holds is "Proof", that democrats are responsible for forcing the separation of children from their parents, is:

Firstly this refers to 'placement' in detention facilities - ok fair enough, someone is being placed in a detention facility.

Secondly, the unaccompanied alien children are defined as having no parents or legal guardians with them and being under 18.

_____

​So Cavanami, you great big f*cking Moron, show me the bit, that says, the children must be separated from their parents.

And get some english skills for f*cks sake.

555 I'm inclined to believe that Trump may have not written that. Too cogent and no mention of Hillary for Witch Hunt.

Cohen looks like he's already falling into the precipice, he's changed lawyers and resigned from the Republican money committee... The National Enquirer guy that paid the playboy model 150k has been subpoenaed over the Cohen investigation.