What from Thailand would you like to see in your home country

khunsanuk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been in Thailand so long (20+ years) that I don't know what it's like in my home country any more. Think I'll stay on a little longer. :grinyes:

KS - I spent about 8 months in the NL, can't see how motosai taxis would really work there, given how you've got all those bicycles and dedicated lanes complete with traffic signals? I'd prefer something like Foodland, a 24-hour supermarket. There, it was 'late-night' shopping once a week, they stayed open till 7pm!

Thai women with Thai women's attitudes.

I, too, agree on this.

As far a motos are concerned, I use to work for a bicycle manufacturer in the 70's and 80's. At the time there was an effort by various suppliers to introduce 49cc mopeds as an alternative to traffic congestion and gas prices. Some bicycle retailers stocked the mopeds, but they never were well received. Reported accidents, traffic and the less speedy 49cc mopeds soon resulted in minimal acceptance by the public.

Guest lazyphil

people here shudder when i tell them about bum guns or scoops.....i retort by asking when was the last time they had a shower without water and using just bog roll?.....flumexes them!

The rooster calls in early AM.

Whether it is the Bella-Vista or Welcome Plaza Hotel in Pattaya or the Nana Hotel in Bangkok - I open window early AM - and hear the calling of a lone rooster.

I just love traveling to the cities of Thailand and hearing the lone call of the rooster.

Rooster

people here shudder when i tell them about bum guns or scoops.....i retort by asking when was the last time they had a shower without water and using just bog roll?.....flumexes them!

Silly gits. Ask them: "you have dog shit on your hands. Which is your preferred method to clean up? A piece of paper towel, or (soap &) water?" Wins that argument every time!

Archived