"BAR 4".

dddave

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Popped into Bar4 early yesterday evening for the first time, in fact my first time on Soi 4 for probably 6 years! Decent bar, good screens for watching the sport and good prices, however the staff, at least the ones that I met weren't up to scratch.

I arrived and sat down. BG1 comes up to my table and stands in front of me, no smile, no greeting, not even "what you want drink"! She said absolutely nothing, so I ordered a Tiger Light. Inevitably BG2 (not one of the most attractive) sits down at my table and starts asking the usual, what your name, where you come from, etc, etc. I responded as enthusiastically as I could. Next drunk BG3 appears lamenting how she's had 10 tequillas, she lives far away on Rama 2 and she has a broken heart (some Dutch cnut the culprit). This is repeated several times until she slumps, head in arms, across my table, forcing me to grab my beer bottle before it ends up on the floor!

Eventually BG2 shifts BG3 to another table and returns to me (I had hoped she might have stayed with her friend to console her). Of course she then requests a drink, which I politely decline to buy and she responds with you no good, you black heart, or words to that effect. Seeing that her rebuke isn't suddenly going to make me buy her a drink she backtracks by saying she was only joking. I proceed to concentrate on the All Blacks v Ireland rugby match being repeated on screen to my left and after a few minutes she decides to try her luck elsewhere. :relieved:

Ho hum.

:biggrin:

be thankful you are experienced about the ways of the bars.

i get the occasional place here that happens but i know how to act.

i feel sorry for the first-time visitor who i watch get sucked in with those kind of antics from the ladies.

not my place to give advice to them but sometimes i just want to say something to make them be a bit careful.

It's always a bit of an annoyance when a bar doesn't quite live up to the hype, not saying Bar4 wouldn't in any other set of circumstances, just what you found on the day. At least like BG's, bars are plentiful in that neck of the woods, checkbin...

How's the hotel? Think you mentioned in another thread staying at the Citrus. I've recommended it to friends before and have another coming this weekend maybe, still recommendable?

Archived