Sign in to follow this  
DocThai

Netsim for Village

Check with other people in the village if AIS or DTAC has a stronger signal, they will know.

Yes, I'd check first as well, my experience has always been DTAC is better, ymmv with EDGE. The AIS web site does list 4 locations where speeds are higher (3G) inc HuaHin with 21mbps d/l. Rest of country would be a crap shoot for now.

I got an aircard and AIS netsim.

So far can't get a connection anywhere in the house. Can try a DTAC netsim but my phone is DTAC and my signal in the village is even worse.

Are there any other options besides the huge expense of a satellite?

As I mentioned before if your using a aircard, the reception/connection is worse.

Do what I am doing as I type this, use a mobile phone, and Nokia PC Suite, then I am pretty sure it will work, but see above where I wrote

<>

<

The dongle is about 1200Baht, for the same money you can get a nokia that can do the nokia suite thing.>>

SO - as I warned, don't use a dongle/aircard, use a PHONE as the modum, if it doesn't work then try other more expensive solutions.

I am basing this on EXPERIENCE not hear say!

Sadly I am back in the city so they now have to attempt this without me, so I have sent them off to Tukcom in Khon Kaen to get PC Suite installed and buy a another cheap second hand phone to user as the modem. I know I know.. I should have listened to you first time but I just thought connecting with the air card would be much easier!