Movie: Same Same but Different

kamui

The movie is now available with English .idx subtitles (which I couldn't convert)

on Pirate Bay, Demonoid, and other sites

However, English .srt subtitles are available here:

http://subscene.com/Same-Same-But-Different/subtitles-86082.aspx

--------

Other good flicks worth viewing now available as torrents:

-True Grit (screener/good quality)

-The Fighter (documentary [kinda], screener)

-The Most Dangerous Man in America (excellent documentary about Daniel Ellsberg & the Pentagon Papers)

-Who is Harry Nilsson? (excellent documentary. Best vocalist of 70's-80's. Good flick! Brought back memories.

Addendum..

I've probably spent at least a year in Cambo, out of the last 10 years, mainly exploring the country by motorcycle.

I just finished watching the movie (excellent!) and a few thoughts:

1-One of the very few flicks that showed PPenh as the dirty city it is (though it's been much improved in the last 10-years) and showed life as it is for the poor Khmer majority.

2-I wonder of the lead actress is originally from Issan as she was also able to speak Khmer?

3-Knowing the state of medical treatment in the country (go to BKK if you have any significant problem) I found the following statement, near the end of the credits, less than credible:

"Today medical health care has improved considerably in Cambodia. Numerous institutions insure up to date medical treatment and the availability of medications"

Addendum..

3-Knowing the state of medical treatment in the country (go to BKK if you have any significant problem) I found the following statement, near the end of the credits, less than credible:

"Today medical health care has improved considerably in Cambodia. Numerous institutions insure up to date medical treatment and the availability of medications"

Everybody knows that this is bullshit. I presume it's a nod to the Khmer authorities, which supported the movie.

Addendum..

Everybody knows that this is bullshit. I presume it's a nod to the Khmer authorities, which supported the movie.

Archived