The most annoying player in soccer

TroyinEwa/Perv

A referee who worked with the game's best players is asked to name the most irritating of the lot.

Former Champions League ref says officials know Ronaldo is a diver

FIFA Top Class Referee Claus Bo Larsen worked his final Champions League match this week (Ajax's 2-0 win over AC Milan) and mere hours into his retirement, he's apparently already dishing dirt from the officials' dressing rooms.

When asked by Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet to pick the "most annoying player" from a referee's perspective, he reportedly went with the name you're probably shouting at your screen right now -- a man well known for both his superior skill and tendency to tumble, Cristiano Ronaldo.

From Soccernet:

"He's always out to get a cheap free-kick, especially at home," he told Ekstra Bladet. "We tended to talk before games about how he'd go down easily.

"We know not to be biased, but we have to be prepared. He has a clean slate at the start of every game. When he would lie down after failing to win a free-kick, he smiled at me because he knew I didn't fall for his theatrics."

It's a reasonable point of view -- as a referee you have to be aware of which players have the reputation for looking to get one over on you. It sounds like Ronaldo is aware that the officials are increasingly suspicious of him, too. Probably best to stay on his feet at all costs, then.

Link

Rooney is not fit to wear the Shirt after the way he disrespected United, the team with "No Ambition" Unbeaten. sitting 2 points clear at the top of the league with a game in hand.

Carlito Tevez is acting a prick now, Citeh fans must be gutted, as a United man my self I am laughing my cock off, those "Welcome to Manchester" billboards don't look too clevver now. For the Record, Manchester United don't play in Manchester but my home city of Salford but most outsiders would be hard pressed to see where one city ended and the other bega.

I am surprised no one mentioned Nani, he frustrates the hell out of me, he has the talent but goes down quicker than a broad in Lolita's. He plays for my team and I find it annoying so christ knows what opposition fans must think.

Archived