Re-entry at the airport, can do!

radioman

Not seen this mentioned here. Apologies if I'm a year late.

I recall they stopped issuing re-entry permits at the airport necessitating a sometimes repeat trip to C-W. When leaving the other day I was passing through immigration at Nong Ngu Hao airport and at the far end there was a desk set up with a sign saying re-entry permits. I asked the girl and sure enough can do! Multiple re-entry at the standard 3600 baht and done in 20 minutes she said.

This is inside the immigration queing area not in the public access area.

So I guess it's okay again.

Cheers

No - it's if you have a non im B/O and other types of visa's, to use them for a year, you need "permission" to leave the country, if you leave without permission, the exit visa, you loose your one year visa. I got caught at Swampy when I had a urgent flight to take, on a Sunday, no way I could get the exit visa :(

In most cases, the re-entry permit is only needed if you are on a one year extension based on working, marriage or retirement. What it does is keep the permission to stay date of your extension the same when you re-enter. As a multiple re-entry is only 3,800, and choosing not buy it when you get the extension seems silly.

There are special cases when a tourist or somebody on a single entry Non-Imm who leaves before the permission to stay date and wishes to keep that date alive. That is the reason the desk is at the airport. People on standard extensions should just get them when they get the extension.

TH

Yes, not really for the tourist visa I guess, though why they don't just do visas and extensions at the airport seems typically Thai, I'm sure there's a perfectly good (Thai) reason for it though.

My gripe has always been that my registered employer takes care of my work permit and visa renewals but they seem incapable or unwilling to do the re-entry permit meaning a seperate trip to immigration, actually not so bad now it is at CW, but was always a pain when it was in town. Much easier though to just get it at the airport on my way out.

Cheers

The 3800 baht multiple re-entry fee is just an other Thai scam, amongst many others promoted by immigration (such as insisting you should buy a bar of soap from the immigration lady before being allowed to walk out their offices :cussing:)

Good we can again limit the dammage to 1k baht at euh, Nong Ngu something.

YES, a re-entry permit can be used for a tourist visa, but typically isn't. You will get 60 days permission to stay when you enter the country on a tourist visa which can be extended for 30 days which is not such a long time, hence people typically don't use a re-entry permit with a tourist visa. Most people with a tourist visa who exit the country and want to return quickly will get another tourist visa or just get the 15 / 30 day permission to stay at the border.

Archived