Scotland Thread

The_Munchmaster

Must watch Trainspotting again soon. :up:

However just got the DVD of Shallow Grave (1994), Danny Boyle's first feature film, i.e., before Trainspotting. Also features Ewan McGregor.

So I think I'll watch it first. Maybe the nicht wi a wee dram.

Watched Shallow Grave last night (wi a wee dram) and have to say it was a very good. Here's what Amazon have to say (PS. Be warned - there are no car chases during the film and no American top brass whooping and high fiving at the end):

"After three Edinburgh roommates (Ewan McGregor, Christopher Eccleston, and Kerry Fox) finally choose a new roommate they can live with, they find him dead on the floor with a suitcase full of cash. While trying to remove the body and extricate themselves from the situation, they wade hip-deep into a world of drugs, greed, and madness. Danny Boyle's first feature film is a delightfully circuitous, nail-biting, and unpretentious noir, with the director--and screenwriter John Hodge--focusing on the gradual psychological disintegration of the roommates. Boyle and Hodge would gain even greater acclaim across the Atlantic with their hit follow-up, TRAINSPOTTING. Eccleston would go on to appear in films such as ELIZABETH and THE OTHERS. McGregor, of course, would become Renton in TRAINSPOTTING and eventually Obi-Wan Kenobi, among many other screen roles."

I'm liking this Scotland thread, it's very, um, Scottish. I do think it would be more authentic if the Scotsmen posting here would actually write in Scottish rather than English. Irvine Welsh did such a fine job transliterating the language into print form that it seems a sad waste not to use it. Indeed I think it should be compulsory for Scotsmen to use said rendering of their speech in all threads.

Guest lazyphil

i've been thinking of a break there next august.....not sure where to start, not interested in big citys/edinburgh etc.....fort william/ben nevis area maybe.....want to sample the whiskey and loch piking.....over to MM on advise