List your favourite iPhone apps

radioman

Sorry, I was just trolling. :cover:

I really would like to try an iPhone because the user interface appeals to me, but I have steered clear of one, because I am uncomfortable with the fact that Apple likes to control what you do with your iPhone. I would only buy an iPhone if I could decide if I wanted to have flash or not, play avi's and mkv's instead of Apple proprietary formats.

I will leave this thread now and leave it to the active iPhone users to share their apps with you.

Radioman,

Some of my favourites include:

Facebook - So I can use FB - obviously! Best of all, it's free. Actually, the interface and "look" is actually better than the FB on a regular computer IMO.

Angry Birds My favourite iPhone game - very addictive, very cute, and excellent value for money and extremely challenging and a great "time waster".

BBC News and Al Jazeera English for news. Nice layout and good to keep me updated as I go throughout my day. Can also watch AJ live if I want to which I do when I'm on the treadmill at the gym sometimes.

XPenseTrkr Great for keeping track of work / tax expenses when I'm doing work stuff.

Vehical Excellent app for keeping track of mileage and petrol (gas) for both work and the taxman - best of all, its free.

LockBox Pro Keeps all my PINS / passwords / logins in a safe and secure place so I don't have to keep them written on scraps on paper and hidden in a drawer etc!

USB Disk Let's me store PDF's, Excel spreadsheets on my phone for work etc. Very handy, and again, free.

Calengoo The best iPhone diary app by a mile.

AllRecipes The "dinner spinner" - a great receipe database for cooking etc.

Mood Agent Enter what type of mood you are in - happy, angry, sad, relaxed etc - and this app will come up with a playlist based on the music on your iPhone. One of my favourites, and again, its free.

Shazam Open this app, let your phone "listen" to a few seconds on a song playing on the radio, in a shop that you're in etc and it will tell you the name and artist - again, brilliant!

LiveATC Let's me listen in to airport control towers all over the world. Sounds geeky, but I enjoy aviation and find it interesting.

Flight Track Great for finding out departing and arriving flight times and checking delays etc.

Seat Guide Great for checking seat plans of different airlines / aircraft.

Plane Finder Really interesting to see what's flying around above you at the time.

Trip Advisor Same as the online version - reviews, advice etc on hotels, restaurants etc.

Paper Toss My "on the toilet" game - simple fun, and it's free.

Some are paid, some are free. I don't mind spending a few bucks on an app if its interesting or will help me out in day-to-day life.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Moo.

:beer:

Music/Listen

Mood Agent - see above

Bookmark - great audiobook program

News

New York Times

Guardian

IHT

BKK Post

Photo

Hipstamatic - simply the best tool for making pictures

Photoshop express

Travel

Google Maps

Navigon (navi)

Tripit (travel organizer)

MyMaps - offline maps, to be downloaded before the trip abroad...

Productivity

PDFReader

DueTime (time tracking)

MoneyWell (budget and finance, syncs with Mac version)

Omnifocus (excellent task management, syncs with Mac version)

Evernote

Exercise

Dailyburn

RunKeeper

Excellent selections guys. Will be looking at these in due course.

Skype is a big driver as our company is moving as much communication traffic as it can to Skype and is why they are buying us these phones.

I use an HTC HD2 at the monent and am very happy with it. Good that Shazam is also on the iPhone as I use that a bit, think I'm going to miss my Garmin GPS app on the iPhone though.

Interesting about the flight and air traffic applications. I work in the air traffic communications business so will certainly check these out.

Cheers

Google Maps

Madrid Metro

Madrid MRT (Buses)

It is only when one is out of ones "Comfort Zone" that you realise just how good these Apps are, I can do a "Where the fark am I" search and immediately told the best Metro or bus route home. saves my sausage thats for sure.

Google Maps

Madrid Metro

Madrid MRT (Buses)

It is only when one is out of ones "Comfort Zone" that you realise just how good these Apps are, I can do a "Where the fark am I" search and immediately told the best Metro or bus route home. saves my sausage thats for sure.

Yep, I did not list local apps, like:

- "DB Navigator", the German train time table and ticket app. With this I know a train delay before it is announced on the train or at the station. You can even buy paperless tickets with this app and you only have to show the iphone ticket...

- MobileButler (German), shows my monthy mobile phone invoices and more

- TokyoArtBeat, best guide ever to exhibitions in greater Tokyo.

- Tokyo Metro

- London Tube Deluxe (it helped me to navigate the tube system on a day when they just had shut down a main line)

- Bangkok Map Offline (but I didn't use it in BKK recently...)

And I forgot two very helpful Apps:

- Xmarks, syncs my booksmarks with my PC

- Plaxo, syncs all company addresses between several PCs, Notebooks and my iPhone.

Archived