?Letters from Issaan- End of story? Part 6 FINAL!

phoenix

Farangdang:

Here you go attributing words to me by saying, " telling the guy to hold his head up and better luck next time". At no point did I say nor insinuate this.

Just goes to show how you talk down to people.

Disparaging my point of leading a string is cute. Also demonstrates your lack of knowledge of eastern philosphy as this is a rather famous philosphical axiom.

<<burp>>

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:blue]Here you go attributing words to me by saying, " telling the guy to hold his head up and better luck next time". At no point did I say nor insinuate this.

Just goes to show how you talk down to people. color=blue>

You are just too funny, Gummi. You are way too self-involved and you throw in a touch of cluelessness just to make it interesting.

Point 1: I did not quote you as saying "hold your head up...". I was saying that that kind of comment does no good, which is why I was so blunt in my response. Can you for once admit that your reply is a total non-sequitur? Come on now, you can do it. Don't weasel out again, it's not so hard really to say I'm sorry.

Point 2: Even though I wasn't referring to you, go back to your first response. "Dude, be strong... Wish you all the best." Again, I wasn't referring to you in my "quote", but what you said is actually not that much different, if you would actually care to re-read your own words.

"hold your head up...better luck next time"

"dude, be strong...wish you all the best"

Gosh, how could I have twisted your words so egregiously?

[color:blue]Disparaging my point of leading a string is cute. Also demonstrates your lack of knowledge of eastern philosphy as this is a rather famous philosphical axiom. color=blue>

Thank you, it was meant to be cute. Apparently, your response shows your knowledge of eastern philosophy but total lack of common sense and humor.

Farangdang:

Not going to waste much of my time on this as you are high handed condescending person and we will not see eye to eye.

You write, "Well, gummi, keep on pushing that string. //

In this case, telling the guy to hold his head up and better luck next time does..."

Thus you ATTRIBUTE me telling Phoenix to hold his head up and better luck next time.

As to you quoting

"hold your head up...better luck next time" -- you

"dude, be strong...wish you all the best" -- me

Yes they seem similar but they aren't. Not going to parse words with you again because it will get pathetic with no ending. No thanks.

My whole point from the start is simple. We could do without your high handed condescending attitude like you are parceling words of wisdom to the masses. It is tiring and insulting.

<<burp>>

Hi Gummigut,

I'm quite bemused by this interchange between you and FD. thank you for 'sticking up' for me. Actually, I agree with some of FD's statements in his first post, but find his tone unfortunately unbearably 'talking down' and condescending. But that's his shit, doesn't bother me.

Pattaya127>I have a buddy who compares going on and on with a failed realationship with a BG to fixing a used car that keeps giving you troubles. You always hope the last repair will be for good and hesitate changing after you put so much money into it. <

I love that comparison. Yes, that's spot on. I actually also own two (French) old cars, that cost me heaps of money to keep on the road, but, hey, when they go, they're wonderful to drive (A 'goddess').

Thanks for your support, and offer of help should I be tempted to 'backslide'. NO, I am not tempted.

[color:blue]but find his tone unfortunately unbearably 'talking down' and condescending. But that's his shit, doesn't bother me.color=blue>

Really, which part of that first post did you think was condescending? Read it again and try not to think about Gummi's warped interpretations too much.

IMO, I was just being honest and from all appearances I was pretty accurate. I seriously do not see any "talking-down" in that post and I can only imagine that a high majority of people reading your report felt the same way that I did when reading it (i.e. 1) you made mistakes/were naive, 2) nok was playing you, 3) you got off lucky, 4) don't try this at home).

It gets pretty sad if speaking the truth is considered condescending.

Farangdang it's simply the tone and stance you take.

If my interpretations were so far off, why don't I get flack? On and off board?

Why do you get into these type of "wording" arguments with several members often enough that I hear off-board comments?

Doesn't the fact that you get into these "word/stance" arguments say something? Actually, I can already hear your answer to this question, lol.

<<burp>>

[color:blue]If my interpretations were so far off, why don't I get flack? On and off board?color=blue>

Because they already know you can't debate fairly and rationally? They don't care if you post drivel and deliberately distort the truth? They don't want to take sides (even though you are in the wrong) because they like drinking/bowling with you? Take your pick.

[color:blue]Why do you get into these type of "wording" arguments with several members often enough that I hear off-board comments?

Doesn't the fact that you get into these "word/stance" arguments say something?color=blue>

For me there is not much point in debating a topic if you are going to do it sloppily. If people aren't accountable for their words then we might as well not bother attempting a serious debate. Typically the people who have gotten into these arguments with me are 1) sloppy, 2) stubborn, 3) illogical and/or biased/blinded.

I have a low tolerance for idiots, especially when they are obnoxious. One of my many faults.

[color:blue]So you think I'm an idiot.color=blue>

"Idiot" can be a relative term. When it comes to the debates we've had, you've been pretty dense and intransigent. Most of the time, however, you manage to get along without hurting yourself.

[color:blue]Still say we can do without the high handed obnoxious attitude that you are doling out pearls of wisdom.color=blue>

They're called opinions. Mine typically have a lot of rational thought and at least a smattering of facts behind them, but if they are of no use to you then just ignore them.

If you want me to qualify every single one of my statements with an "IMHO" and a probability of being correct it would make them a little tedious to read. However, when I'm pretty damn sure my opinion is correct I state it more authoritatively, as I did in this case.

My point of view on Phoenix's story had gone unsaid, until I said it:

If you think I was incorrect, please correct me.

If I was just stating the obvious (which I personally believe I was), then a simple "Duh!" reply would be called for.

If it were neither of these two then we can't rule out the possibility that it was indeed a "pearl of wisdom"; no need to thank me, it's just what I do.

I can't wait to see how you'll react when I finally can post my thoughts on TedBKK's story wink.gif

FD,

I think generous use of "IMHO's" wouldn't be a bad idea, and not at all tedious!

BTW, you must not think much of Thai culture and people as they have this thing called "saving face". Maybe you've heard of it. The general idea is to show respect to other people even though you could make them look foolish and feel bad. It's one of the things that makes Thailand so enjoyable and the kind of attitude Americans(and other western cultures) should adopt. Yes, one can be right but HOW one delivers their point can be just as important.

That is IMHO, khap....

Archived