?Letters from Issaan- End of story? Part 6 FINAL!

phoenix

FD,

When you have the time, i would like to read what is your opinion of Thailand and thai people, in general or specifics, some thai people at least, and what you think the country has to offer, if this does not include only servicing western tourists with cheap sex. Can the word THAILAND evoke something more than that? Maybe in the "general discussion" thread.

Thanks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farangdang, this is why it is so hard to talk to you.

I repeat again, "I never really disagreed with what Farangdang was saying in this thread EXCEPT for his latest post about keeping Thailand in the backwaters economically"

From my words how do you conclude, "So then you are saying that you do think we should keep Thailand's economy down"

<<burp>>

[color:blue]From my words how do you conclude, "So then you are saying that you do think we should keep Thailand's economy down"color=blue>

Please try to pay attention Gummi. If you had been you would have noticed that the paragraph you were referring to was total sarcasm. This should have been clear to anyone who doesn't have their own agenda. I'll make exceptions for people who aren't fluent speakers of English or who come from cultures where sarcasm or irony are not common; however, I would expect them to hold their tongues or ask for a clarification rather than leap to the offensive.

I'm surprised you weren't shocked and repulsed at JoeyJojo stating his preferences for large white booty.

Maybe you should remain silent until you get a clue, or at least learn to cope with your limitations in a less obnoxious way.

[color:blue]When you have the time, i would like to read what is your opinion of Thailand and thai people, in general or specifics, some thai people at least, and what you think the country has to offer, if this does not include only servicing western tourists with cheap sex. Can the word THAILAND evoke something more than that?color=blue>

As you know, I'm not shy about making my thoughts known and if you really cared what I thought you would have been paying attention to the many threads I have posted to. If there are specific comments of mine you wish to challenge or debate, feel free to do so.

There's no use in it because you attribute positions to me even when I don't take a position (which happened in one of our exchanges quite awhile ago when I specifically stated I wasn't taking a position, lol).

Also, you just insulted me and did not reply to my direct question in my preceding post. From my words how do you conclude, "So then you are saying that you do think we should keep Thailand's economy down"

Additionally, I have better things to do with my time, but when you are obnoxious and high handed I will say my piece, and when you assume or attribute things to me like you did in this thread and then say it's a disservice to my friend and others, then I'll say so again.

Lastly, if one was not a native english speaker it is easy to assume your piece was serious and to me it's in bad taste, but that's subjective. There are many non-native english speakers on this board.

blah blah

<<burp>>

[color:blue]Also, you just insulted me and did not reply to my direct question in my preceding post. From my words how do you conclude, "So then you are saying that you do think we should keep Thailand's economy down" color=blue>

You really are dense, aren't you? I'll type slowly. Remember when I said my post was sarcastic? Not that I should have needed to point that out for you, but hold that thought. Okay, since it was sarcastic that means I actually mean the opposite of what I wrote. Still with me? So when you say you disagree with me that means that you actually believe what I wrote. [color:red]NOT(NOT(A)) = Acolor=red>

QED

I'll expect a fee for any further lessons.

[color:blue]Lastly, if one was not a native english speaker it is easy to assume your piece was serious and to me it's in bad taste, but that's subjective. There are many non-native english speakers on this board. color=blue>

Did you miss the part where I talked about non-fluent speakers? Do you even read my posts or do you think you already know what I'm going to write and just skip to your next response? If a person is an idiot they may be incapable of learning or understanding sarcasm and irony. However, a non-native speaker can be expected to eventually pick up on irony after they make a few mistakes. I wouldn't flame or belittle (and haven't yet) someone struggling with English; I'll point out to them the concept and eventually they'll pick up on it if they really want to communicate in the English speaking world. I do not intend to use small words, simple sentence structure and avoid sarcasm and irony in a general post, just so that everyone can understand me without challenging themselves. That is demeaning to me and to them.

Gummigut:

Before you weigh in--reminding us yet again how you've got more pressing business to engage in than this petty vendetta but nevertheless espousing on the evils of high-handedness and whatever the hell instagatios(ness) is and, in turn, only inviting more insults--consider giving it up.

It started here, importantly with you casting the first stone, and despite your worst efforts in pursuing it all over the board, maybe it can end here.

Basically, you've got yourself in a pissing contest and, in the course of losing it, have wittingly foisted it upon the rest of us, who now must witness the sorry spectacle of you being hoist by your own petard.

I mention this, and kindly excuse my bluntness, only after learning you are a moderator for this board. The practices you've resorted to in a pitiful and ultimately unsuccessful attempt to prove your threadbare point begs the question; 'Are the inmates running the asylum?'.

sfinkz:

You are entitled to your own opinion as I am, irrespective of our positions on the board. Farangdang hasn't said he couldn't conclude that I think we should keep Thailand's economy down but he did say his comment was sarcastic (which implies agreement). But that's the way he argues, he attributes and assumes things to you. It's taken the past number of winded posts to get him that far as I kept repeating the same thing. Yes it's tiring. Unfortunately the thread has been hijacked. If you see it and don't want to read it, then don't open it. I don't have the time to read every message and do the same thing myself.

<<burp>>

Archived