New iPhone thoughts.

radioman

Biggest Gains

Getting one up on Steve Jobs

Joking apart, I do travel around quite a lot hopping from country to country and with a hacked iPhone I can pick up a local pre-paid SIM in any country I visit and it works, with an unhacked iPhone you are locked to the carrier you had initial contract with. I have just landed in Santiago Chile for my Christmas vacation (don't ask why long story)an hour ago and already have a Chilean mobile number and am up and running.

Secondly ringtones / sms tones are easy to install, managing email accounts is far easier and I can write / install my own apps etc etc.

As it stands the iPhone is quite a neat bit of hardware but when hacked it becomes much better.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I'm a died in the wool Apple fan, I am mortified that Apple has dropped the Wikileaks app from their store. Another good little ( :p ) American company doing what it's ( wink ) told.

But because my iPhone is jailbroken I can use cracked apps and lo and behold wikileaks and freedom of speech is alive on my iPhone.

Stick that up your arse Steve.

Biggest Gains

Getting one up on Steve Jobs

Joking apart, I do travel around quite a lot hopping from country to country and with a hacked iPhone I can pick up a local pre-paid SIM in any country I visit and it works, with an unhacked iPhone you are locked to the carrier you had initial contract with. I have just landed in Santiago Chile for my Christmas vacation (don't ask why long story)an hour ago and already have a Chilean mobile number and am up and running.

Secondly ringtones / sms tones are easy to install, managing email accounts is far easier and I can write / install my own apps etc etc.

As it stands the iPhone is quite a neat bit of hardware but when hacked it becomes much better.

Haven't tested this bit yet but when I bought the phone, AIS shop in Bangkok, I was told the phone is unlocked and can use any carriers sim.

Lots of work to make a piece of technology work was you'd like.

I KNOW WE'LL AGREE TO DISAGREE.

I'll stick to my Nokia S60 stuff. NO dicking around there...it just works, when and where you want it.

But I admit I also carry a laptop by necessity, (as do 99% of the Apple geeks do). My laptop does what the iPhone does, but better. So a moot point to me. YMMV,

YMMV.

Well we're all different! Oooh does that sound like were talking about BG's :D MAybe if we're all different and 'she's different then we're all the same really, hmm, too difficult.

Anyway, I sortof agree and would say that for 99.99% of the gen pop a smart phone of any sort is way too much, it's the 0.1% that I think I might, maybe, fall into. The hard work can be a part of the pleasure in owning such a device.

As a long time Winmo user I am very used to plugging a device in and then just drag and drop in explorer whatever wherever. Can't seem to do that yet, maybe opening up will fix that.

Still looking for a good Thailand map, turn by turn, moving map, GPS application. Something at least as good as Garmin Navigator on Winmo.

Okay major iPhone pisser :cussing:

Google Earth on US iapp store not available from the Thai iapp store, my phone registered in Thailand hence cannot download, wtf!?! How much more cool stuff is not available because of where I live? How cool is that?

Is this another reason to break it? Will that solve the problem?

Annoyed!

• 1 month later...

Ok, I give up. Anyone wanna buy an iPhone 4 32GB. 2 months old, as new, box, the works. What's it worth?

Just cannot get on with it and keep going back to my HD2 and since I re-Rommed it with a Desire HD ROM I can't put it down. All the same apps I had on the iPhone, yes even Angry Birds, but FREE FREE FREE and all the cool stuff too like Swype, re-flow text, all media players, yes flac and mkv too! Drag n drop, wireless tethering and no stinkin iTunes!

I tried, I really did, just not me. Great sexy toy for anyone that 'fits' the mould I guess.

Bidding open.

Archived