What is it like to be single as an older guy?

AD1985

...(This is from a man going through his fouth divorce)

You're getting divorced from your Thai wife?

No she is getting divorced from me' date=' sort off bye bye do not come back and she has used her influence to have me listed as "Personna Non Gratia" in Thailand.

So after 19 years and 10 months in Thailand I am now homeless and country less.[/quote']

Fer fuck sake Mekong! Very sorry to hear this, you sounded well set! I've no doubt you're not blameless, but even so.....fuck! Best wishes....and I mean that. :up:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still fairly young (25) but I've been wondering about what life is like as an older guy, single vs married. I don't see a reason to get married before 35 but after that my general conception is that single life is still probably better between 35-45. But after a certain point, marriage becomes more favorable. I imagine that life at 60 or 70 may be quite empty without a family.

I'm interested to hear what the older guys have to say (good and bad) especially if you're single.

I will eventually respond to your OP, as it is a subject that I have thought about, even thought about posting about!

Munchie / Big Guy

Thanks for your kind thoughts, I am keeping it together and moving on, where I move onto has yet to be decided but I cannot afford to dwell on the past.

Munchie you and I may have had many disagreements on this forum in the past so the fact you are offering kind words in my time of need is rather comforting and I Thank You for such.

Mekong,

Sorry to hear this, and best of luck in the future where ever you land in life for a home base. This news comes rather unexpected really.

Why would she go to such serious and obviously vindictive extremes? From your previous posts over the years I thought you were doing well on the homefront/marriage. I can't remember now offhand, but aren't there children involved as well? If so, what happened to a father having custody rights and visitation rights here in Thailand? Her family has that sort of pull in the LOS to do this? Sorry, just curious as to why she went to such extreme measures.

From the sound of your most recent posts it sounds like you are moving on and enjoying yourself, and making the best of it on your new adventure in life.

Good luck in the New Year.

Cent

...(This is from a man going through his fouth divorce)

You're getting divorced from your Thai wife?

No she is getting divorced from me' date=' sort off bye bye do not come back and she has used her influence to have me listed as "Personna Non Gratia" in Thailand.

So after 19 years and 10 months in Thailand I am now homeless and country less.[/quote']

You are always welcome here!

Sorry to hear this, but glad to see you seem positive and are moving on.

Munchie / Big Guy

Thanks for your kind thoughts, I am keeping it together and moving on, where I move onto has yet to be decided but I cannot afford to dwell on the past.

Munchie you and I may have had many disagreements on this forum in the past so the fact you are offering kind words in my time of need is rather comforting and I Thank You for such.

Not the best way to end the year, but it is what it is.

Maybe a chance to patch things up?

Maybe some time for things to cool down?

Hang tough and stay the course. A bit of a bump in the road but ride it out. TIT and things can change, hopefully for the better!

Mekong, let me just add my commiserations to your misfortunate circumstances.

From a purely selfish point of view, I don't know how I'm supposed to have a drink with you if you're not gonna be in LOS again...

Damn shame.

Archived