2010-2011 Bowl Results

TroyinEwa/Perv

Then the brain surgeon who called a pass on the 2 point conversion at the end should be hung by his short hairs.

Big Ten sucked today.

Agree with both points made. Badgers were absolutely ramming in down TCU's throats on the last drive. Two yards can seem like a mile, but in the last few plays, Wisconsin was eating the yards up like they were centimeters.

I guess Ohio State will be the last chance for the Big 10 to salvage any respectability, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. (Highly over-rated conference, IMO.)

HH

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really hoping my Auburn Tigers can pull it out and win the national title. I'm very nervous obviously. A lot of folks peg us to win but you never really know. Especially with the defense we have.

Heard recently the Pitt coach got fired after something like 17 days on the job. Arrested for domestic violence with a woman he has a kid with but not married to. They say there was physical evidence to suggest he was physically abusive (scratch marks, etc.). Not to say he was right. He was wrong. He should NOT lay his hands on a woman in anger (unless she's into that sort of thing). Howeever (and you know there will be), I have seen and heard of numerous cases where the woman bait the guy into doing something. A woman who feels wronged will say ANYTHING to get a reaction out of you. What ever they think will push your button. Your mother, dick size, sexual prowess or lack thereof, anything is not off limits. The players (and I mean the playboy variety not the athletes) I knew grew up always said NEVER tell a woman too much. They always said you should remain a mystery to some extent to them. I agree totally. I know we are told to share with our significant other but it can and does come back to bite you in the ass when they feel they are given cause. Obviously my trust and committment issues are coming out...lol.

Anyway, I digress as usual. There are a list of guys who have only lasted in a job a few days without even coaching one full game. Wasn't there a Ga Tech coach a few years back who lasted a couple days?

Yes, HH - here's hoping that the Buckeyes can put a good end to the season.

But - I'm one for less bowl games, and more meaning to them.

Have a 16 team field for the National Championship - use the bowl games for the playoffs and get rid of half the rest of them.

All the more reason to change the bowl system into something actually worthwhile then.

How many bowls are there now? 35 from my last count - so that is 70 teams playing - and not counting the All-Star/East-West Bowls either.

Make a real championship - 16 / 8 / 4 / 2 / 1 or just the 8 / 4 / 2 / 1 - that way only 2 teams will play an extra 3 games for the title. Using 16 teams means that 15 of the old Bowl Games could be represented as one of the games - that doesn't need to change. So that leaves the other 20 to find teams willing to play in them - and during times between the last regular season games and the final 4 games. {Use an incentive / greed system for the bowls - bottom 5 get tossed out of the BCS pool each year, with the top 5 others coming in - make those Bowl Officials/Cities work to keep themselves in the top league).

What is this with main game being played on 10th Jan? Auburn and Oregon's last game was 4th Dec

- 37 days before this game is played.

Both first played 4th Sep (about 90 days between 4th Sep and 4th Dec) - and then this huge layoff before the final game?

Wow ! Did Stanford cremate V Tech or what? Luck (Stanford QB) showed why he was a Heisman finalist and probably #1 draft pick if he decides to go pro next year. No reason why he shouldn't. He'll graduate in another month and he's done all he can do at the college level. The V Tech QB showed a lot of athleticism, but his line just couldn't handle Stanford's defense. He must've been sacked 6, 7, or 8 times.

PM...I think you're preaching to the choir about a playoff system. But, as pointed out, $$$ over-rule what the fans want. The bowls have become a "build it and they will come" proposition, though half-empty stadiums at a lot of them show otherwise. One pundit showed a belief that ESPN was the actual sponsor of a lot of them...fills air time and generates income more than reruns of Sports Center. A lot of the coaches like the extra time off and extra games. Gives more time for recruiting and practice for next season. (Don't know how you entice recruits by saying "We're going to the Who-Gives-a-Fuck Bowl".)

Steve...I think your alma mater is favored by 3. Hopefully, it will be a good game. Being a West Coast guy, you can probably guess who I'd like to see win. :content:

Perv...Ohio State favored by 3. I still have this "thing" about Woody Hayes. For that reason, I'd like to see the Buckeyes get their collective asses handed to them. But Woody (RIH)won't keep me from rooting against an SEC team. 5555555555 Plus, I'm interested in seeing how OS can do compared to Wisconsin. All that "BS" aside, I won't be surprised if OS chokes once again.

HH

Yes....it seems Stanford is who we thought they were. I didn't think they were for real but they are a good team. I didn't get to see the game but all the write-ups seem to indicate Luck and Harbaugh are both probably destined for other places next year.

OSU was probably playing as well as any team as the season ended. I hope they can save some face for the Big Ten.

I still can't believe the playcalling and the decision for Wisconsin not to play Clay for the early part of the game. Wonder if it was a discipline thing or something. And the decision to pass for the 2 point conversion instead of run will forever make me hate Bulimia. Yes, I spelled it the way I wanted.

There are a list of guys who have only lasted in a job a few days without even coaching one full game. Wasn't there a Ga Tech coach a few years back who lasted a couple days?

Dunno about GT, but O'Leary lasted 5 days as coach of Notre Dame. Turned out he lied on his resume. Said he had a master's degree from NYU (which he didn't) and that he played college ball for 3 years, which he apparently didn't. :dunno:

HH

And the decision to pass for the 2 point conversion instead of run will forever make me hate Bulimia. Yes, I spelled it the way I wanted.

5555555555555 And, yes, the decision to pass for 2 was the absolute dumbest thing I can imagine (for the reason obvious to most, I'm sure; that is, Clay ripping their butts).

HH

Archived