2010-2011 Bowl Results

TroyinEwa/Perv

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted that it may be a cagey game and compared to how these two teams played during the regular season, they did what I thought. Too much on the line and too long of a break I thought for either to come out guns blazing as they usually do.

Must say, I simply love Oregon's attack. This game could have went either way. I actually thought Oregon had the more exciting offense but Auburn was the better at the line of scrimage and that is the front lines of football. Control that and you usually control the game.

Neither team looked like a #1 last night. :( I think a number of teams (Stanford, LSU, included) would have beat either of them last night. So, the long layoff might have kept Oregon and Auburn from playing better offense, but it sure didn't keep others from playing much better. I was disappointed, cuz I'd seen Auburn and Oregon play much better.

Time for a playoff system.

HH

Auburn's defense shutting down Oregon at 4th and goal, that literally killed them.

It was a great game in the fourth quarter, had me biting my nails. To tell you the truth, I was pulling for Oregon by the end. I'm waiting to see Cam in the pros Steve. Will be interesting.

Didn't see these threads yesterday. I'll have to look in sports more often, I thought it was all that soccer shit.

:)

It is a lot of soccer shit..lol...which I don't mind obviously...haha.

The game didn't live up to the hype and I didn't expect it to. Too much riding on the line, too much time between the last game and the bowl game. Also, with that kind of lay off you're not as quick off the mark as you are playing week in, week out.

I'm happy as a clam obviously. I haven't watched any college football at all this year save this game and some youtube clips of Newton when I first heard how good he was. I'll tell you something. I was really impressed with Oregon. I love their attack. I love the way they will run plays quickly and keep the defense tired. I love that defenstive line standing up thing they did. Very exciting stuff. They can leave the game with their heads held high.

It wasn't one of Newton's best game but he has all the tools to become a good pro. He also has the personality that sponsors love. He's affable, honest and doesn't seem to have a lot of the ocho sinco esque arrogance I'm seeing too much in the pros nowadays.

Early reports are despite losing the coach, LSU may be the next in line to get to the BCS title game from the SEC.

It wasn't the strongest SEC we've seen but its a helluva conference. My PAC 10 friends argue against the strength of the conference but its hard to argue against the titles over the last few years.

I thought the best performance on either side of the ball was by the Auburn defense. They pressured the Oregon QB most of the night, accounting for his uncharacteristically wild throws. But I mostly admired how Auburn's defense dug in when Oregon got into the "red zone". Oregon in the red zone this year was almost an automatic TD. Not Monday night ! 55555555

So, congrats to Auburn. :up:

The SEC, putting THREE teams in the final Top Ten for the year certainly makes a statement.

As for Newton: he needs to make sure he doesn't get Lebran James "itis". 55555555555 And stay away from "tats" unless it's above the short-sleeve/"corporate line". :content:

HH

Archived