1-2-Call Data Plan?

Guy Himmaparn

There are many plans. I just did a quick search online but could not find the right page for them.

I use a DTAC plan which is 199 baht for 100 hours per month. That's my Internet backup plan and allows me to check emails, news etc when out and about. AIS seems to have similar plans.

In the arrivals hall at the airport both AIS (who operate One2Call) and DTAC have service centres. You can go in there and get a SIM sorted and your Internet plan turned on. The staff are really helpful and speak good English - it's probably better to get it done there than a branch in town where they are less geared towards assisting foreigners.

Stick - Great advice! That is exactly what anyone who wants a local sim / data sim upon their arrival should do.

? I travel a lot in the region - have sim cards and now micro sim cards for Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Hong Kong and China (besides Thailand). I've been looking for some sort of case to keep all these damn little sims in for some time - can't find anything. Probably something in some specialty store/catalog that some one has seen - anyone????

I've been using a NETSIM card for the past several years. I had to cut it down to micro-sim size when the iphone4 first came out but 1-2 call has micro sims now.

The Netsim gives you 30 hours a month free internet access, which was fine for my blackberry but only lasted a couple days with my iphone usage.

You may want to call customer service and ask for the unlimited internet prepaid package. I cant recall how much it costs though.

Archived