Heaven from Hell

Mekong

Well, I did most of the lyrics, usually simultaneously with the chord patterns being developed. And all of it was taken from our (albeit short) life experiences.

I see a few Hoolapoppers clips on there. The real ones are from a guy named "pablosguapo". Anything else, I'd have to see first.

Enjoy! It brings back happy memories for me.

Trivia? How'd we get the name? Looking thru a fishing tackle box in the basement where we rehearsed. The lead singer pulled one out, we all liked it. Said lure was called a Hula Popper. That was it.

More if you really like: http://www.myspace.com/thehoolapoppers

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got it. I'd love to post up and embed some stuff myself but I am having some (hopefully temporary) problems right now.

It's 2 in the morning here in Thailand and thank God I'm not working tomorrow because I'm chasing links and suggestions all over YouTube now!

I may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!

(Neil Armstrong. I doubt that his balls really exceeded those of King Kong in size ...)

I forget the Jazz Bassist who "invented" the "tenor bass." was basically a 6 string bass that included one octave above and one octave below...so it gave a really awesome range and texture...he was a young guy, still around I think...

Phil Leash, from the Grateful Dead occassionally played a 6 string bass that added an awesome sound...not a "tenor Bass" but it was awesome just the same...I am stoned on vicodin and listening to Thelonious Monk...broken thumbs aren't so bad...

Oh, fucking hell! That's it. I give up. I've been listening Radio 2 over the net all day. Why, oh, why, oh, why?

I enjoyed it.

I shall check the classifieds for a pipe and slippers forthwith.

(Time was when the internet was the gateway to a decent wank, now - it's Tony fucking Blackburn. What happened?)

Ah, Pat Metheny. I'd not heard of the group until I had a tenant in the late 70's, who was a drummer that idolized the groups music. Daily, I'd hear him accompanying their tunes. Ah, memories

As the Stick, in today's column, posted of Mekong's elegant retribution to his ex, it's too bad that the newly acquired Gibson wasn't also mentioned. Surely someone would bring news of it's purchase back to his ex, creating another subtle slight.

Archived