Heaven from Hell

Mekong

I did expalain the meaning behind the title, Heaven from Hell is from the opening line of Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here" hence the irony, it was her favourite song that I strummmed out on the acoustic at home

So standing on top of the world and giving it a "wish you were here" was good fun

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,

blue skies from pain.

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?

A smile from a veil?

Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?

Hot ashes for trees?

Hot air for a cool breeze?

Cold comfort for change?

And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have you found? The same old fears.

Wish you were here.

EAchKt2xjsw

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....So standing on top of the world and giving it a "wish you were here" was good fun.....

You didn't mention anything about climbing Mount Everest?! :confused::dunno:

You are such an ignorant prick arn't you. educated people refer to Machu Picchu as "The Roof of the World" but then there are idiots such as yourself who have no idea' date=' maybe you should get an education.

You may think you are being clever with your sarcasm, where as in fact you just make yourself look like a fool.

I have slapped a few people in the past, but you are not worth it I don't go so low

Grow up boy

I am still alive ans kicking

[youtube']5GsbCeyDx8Q&feature=fvst

.....So standing on top of the world and giving it a "wish you were here" was good fun.....

You didn't mention anything about climbing Mount Everest?! :confused::dunno:

You are such an ignorant prick arn't you. educated people refer to Machu Picchu as "The Roof of the World" but then there are idiots such as yourself who have no idea' date=' maybe you should get an education.

You may think you are being clever with your sarcasm, where as in fact you just make yourself look like a fool.

I have slapped a few people in the past, but you are not worth it I don't go so low

Grow up boy

I am still alive ans kicking [/quote']

Sorry to burst your balloon Mekong but anyone I know refers to the Himalayas / Everest / Tibet as the roof of the world.

Which makes a lot of sense considering Everest at 8,848m above sea level is 6,418m higher than Machu Pichu, the Greater Himalayas are on average 3,570m higher than Machu Pichu and the average height of the Tibetan Plateau is 2,445m higher than Machu Pichu.

Also you should try a Google search for "Roof of the World" and see what you get, coz it won't be Machu Pichu.

Perhaps your education isn't as good as you thought it was?

"Machu Picchu is a Quechua name, meaning “Old Mountain.†While this is more or less uninteresting in itself, our guide, Warton, instructed me on the correct pronunciation of the words. I, and probably most of you, had been mispronouncing the name as MAH-choo PEE-choo, but the correct pronunciation is actually MAH-choo PEEK-choo. A small difference, perhaps, but the former pronunciation actually means (in Quechua) “Old Penis.â€Â

No wonder the locals here have such big grins when we gringos talk about it."

5555555555!

Archived