Heaven from Hell

Mekong

"Machupicchu, Machu Picchu, Machu Pikchu, Machupichu, Machu pichu, Machipichu, or Machupijchu? There are lots of different none-official pronunciations and spellings for this name; there are probably more. These are non-official names but are accepted within the world of tourism and by people in general in Peru. They are accepted because of different reasons among which are specially people’s accents and because they might not know about it; these occurs especially in people whose native language is other than Quechua or Spanish. There is also another mistake which is the spelling of Machupicchu. In this respect there are lots of people including Peruvians who do not know how to spell it correctly. You can also notice that on the internet or some books, people write Machupicchu in very different ways, even in the most unimaginary ones where most of them are completely wrong since the most accepted ways of spellings are Machupicchu or Machu Picchu."

But, let's not be too pedantic here. :rolleyes::rotfl::wave:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is the 2 C's that make it Peekchoo (Mountain) as opposed to Peechoo (Penis), hence the reason I was being pedantic and pointed out the differance.

I am not professing to be fluent in Spanish far from it, I have only been taking lessons for 4 months, but I was in Peru with a Chilean friend of mine who was a good tour guide and now have a Spanish girlfriend, OK I am banging my secretary and I am older than her father, but lets not go there.

Given that I am perhaps the only one here who can speak the local dialect, I will say you are all wrong and I am thus tight...well at least I don't tale pics off of a web sight and try to pass them off as my own...sad and pathetic as that would be...www.tineye.com is a wonderful thing...you know who you are...

Given that I am perhaps the only one here who can speak the local dialect, I will say you are all wrong and I am thus tight...well at least I don't tale pics off of a web sight and try to pass them off as my own...sad and pathetic as that would be...www.tineye.com is a wonderful thing...you know who you are...

Come on OH, let us in on the gossip :beer:

I am just saying I have POhD. in the Quetchwa Dialect, and thus I am the only person here who can best define the proper pronunciation. You see, I have actually been there, unlike some/most here.

I am one of the few Australian who has not actually been to Bali :beer:

[youtube:]9toD_R6t1pI

I am just saying I have POhD. in the Quetchwa Dialect, and thus I am the only person here who can best define the proper pronunciation. You see, I have actually been there, unlike some/most here.

Okay, I am actually one of the few Australians who has not actually been to bali :beer:

9toD_R6t1pI

Try to spell it you ignoramous

There are 2 C's in Picchu

Hey, instead of picking me up on a spelling mistake, why don't you go back to your last post and admit that you were wrong about Machu Picchu being known as the 'roof of the world' and apologise for your abusive rant?

Of course there's no chance of that happening, only a real man would do that. :rolleyes::shakehead:wanker:

Archived