1 USD - 30.44 THB

Damen

Remember when it was 20 baht to the US$? :p

Yep, I sure do...and hope not to see 20-Bt/1-$US again!

On an R&R in '69 to BKK.

The 2 L/T gals cost $11 (220-Bt) each (total - no BF) and the mamasan required the troops to sign a contract (your name & where staying!) prior to taking the gal out! But, I'd probably still be well remembering the 2 gals that night...if it hadn't been for the Singha beer. ;-)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
220 baht! You got ripped off. We were paying 100 baht LT in the early 1970s. You gave the gal 200 if she was really good.

Biah Singha ... big bottle 12 baht. Pack of cigarettes (Krong Thip or Saifon) 3 baht. Hotel room ... 70 baht!

Old blokes on internet boards who tell how cheap it used to be - priceless! :beer:

Flash, how many of those girls are still trolling lower Suk today?

I think you'll find it's mostly their

grand-daughters that now work Suk!

Flashermac: I may have unwittingly overpaid back then, but left with a smile. Just like the numerous LDOP tourists who currently visit Pattaya and BKK!

I'm now reformed...as a cheap charlie!

Flash' date=' how many of those girls are still trolling lower Suk today?[/quote']

I think you'll find it's mostly their

grand-daughters that now work Suk!

Flashermac: I may have unwittingly overpaid back then, but left with a smile. Just like the numerous LDOP tourists who currently visit Pattaya and BKK!

I'm now reformed...as a cheap charlie!

Hey, you were in RVN. Who knew if you'd live to spend whatever you saved. :p

I met a very pretty freelancer named Sumi in the Thai Yonok Coffee Shop in 1975. Almost snow white skin ... I knew what she was before she told me. Her mama was a working girl during WWII and daddy was a Nipponese soldier. Talk about two generations!

Archived