G is for?

Mekong

Best Canadian band?

How could you go past MEN WITHOUT HATS??

You must be taking the piss with that comment, next you will be telling me Bryan Adams was a better Guitarist than Hendrix.

Please stop embarrassing yourself

IMHO Neil Peart is the best percussion player of the past 30 years, Keith Moon and John Bohnam were up there but not a patch on Peart.

Men without Pants 55555

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes.. Of course taking the piss!

Neil Peart = very good.

But his brother, Morris, although lesser known, was also excellent.

(I am an old drummer myself, you know!)

I still love Bill Bruford as a percussionist and (on his day) Phil Collins before Genesis went pants (ie after Gabriel left).

Favorite bass player: Tony Levin.

Favorite guitarist: Robert Fripp.

Absolutely loving listening to William Orbit/Strange Cargo at the moment... On very high rotation!

Mekong,

"Best music week of my life, Rush Hemispheres tour, Thin Lizzy Black Rose, AS DC Highway to hell, UFO and Frank Zappa all in one week and I was only 14 at the time."

Zappa fan myself for decades. Saw him live over a dozen times at least. "Black Napkins"

Good vdo here of Frank: http://youtu.be/_c-NMnYhM3Q

For me

Bass Burke Shelley, Budgie were totaly underated

Phil Lynott comes a clos second

Percussion Peart, no one gets close to how good he is

Guitar, We have Joe Striani, Stevie Vai etc but for me it's Jimmy Page he knocked shit out of that Las Paul, Toni Iommi (Black Sabbath) is a close Second

pau8Zf7srlU

"as in my Ghanaian conquest tonight"

Mekong,

Wrong word to use imho. Paying for a whore is no conquest. Fun, but not a conquest. To conquer you'd need to fight for it, and win: hence a 'conquest'. :content: Waiting your turn and opening your wallet is not much of a fight/battle, though it can be a win/win. :susel: :nahnah:

Now if you picked her up, got laid and waylaid, and paid nothing except your sweat equity, charm and a few drinks, that would be a conquest. You 'win' her into bed due to personal animal magnetism, good looks, or suave verbal banter and the bulge in your pants (not your wallet pocket bulge either), well, that would be a conquest.

:p:cover::chili:

Mekong,

"Best music week of my life, Rush Hemispheres tour, Thin Lizzy Black Rose, AS DC Highway to hell, UFO and Frank Zappa all in one week and I was only 14 at the time."

Zappa fan myself for decades. Saw him live over a dozen times at least. "Black Napkins"

Good vdo here of Frank: http://youtu.be/_c-NMnYhM3Q

Cent

From your user name it is obvious you are a person who aprreciates Franks Music.

To me he is a modern day Mozart or Beethoven, he was a genius. My mother who is in her 70's now used to play piano with classical orchestra (Manchester Halle) but she loves Frank's compositions. his lyrics may be rude and crude but the music, top notch.

My Spanish muso friends have asked me to play tonight, they tell me my Gibson J200 is too nice to be behind doors and I sort of agree.

It has a better sound than my Rickenbaker 340 or my Gretch Falcon this J200 is the dogs bollocks. lets party!

Archived