Where to buy all things you find hard to get..

Torneyboy

Foodland has half and half in Pattaya. Whipping cream you can find many places, including Makro.

There are things I can't get. One is masa (for making corn tortillas).

Other things are just taxed so much they are best left to those richer than me, like wine and most good cheese.

Perhaps a care package is in order ...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are things I can't get. One is masa (for making corn tortillas). Other things are just taxed so much they are best left to those richer than me' date=' like wine and most good cheese.[/quote']

Perhaps a care package is in order ...

Mail is problematic from what I hear--you never know how much they will charge you for customs. Sometimes nothing, other times so much you just abandon the package.

This is a weird thread. Anyone who has been in BKK longer than two weeks knows that for anything farang (of any nationality), you go to a) Villa soi 33, B) Emporium supermarket, c) Fuji supermarket or d) Carrefour.

In that order.

If not there, then a search is required. That is quite rarely needed.

Nowadays anyway. Y'all are just quite spoilt from even just ten years ago...

For me, if Villa doesn't have it, then I can probably do without it. You do have to keep checking as they run out of things and in a few weeks get a new shipment.

Has anybody else notice that you cannot get Gillette deodorant in Thailand anymore?

TH

Hi,

Virtually never get to Villa (would need to go out of my way to visit it), so not familiar with the products they stock.

Question to those that are, their international products, is this mostly US/UK/Aus/Japan? Or could I find e.g. Dutch cookies there as well?

Edit: Found their website, which - not surprisingly - was totally useless :(

Sanuk!

I find you need to shop around -

Makro - frozen cranberries for THB 150/kg - only place in Thailand that has them. Foodland has dried cranberries for THB 270/500 grams - have never seen them in Villa. Tops has them but like THB 1,000/kg when you can find.

Now - how about for Fresh Baked products?

Hi,

Virtually never get to Villa (would need to go out of my way to visit it), so not familiar with the products they stock.

Question to those that are, their international products, is this mostly US/UK/Aus/Japan? Or could I find e.g. Dutch cookies there as well?

Edit: Found their website, which - not surprisingly - was totally useless :(

Sanuk!

Well they have drop, and Gouda and other goodies..... best you go once and have a lookie.

BB

Archived